Thanks bubba,I appreciate that !

May 17th, 2017, 8:02 pm #21

Thanks bubba,I appreciate that !

Nice Jerry! Very nice...

May 17th, 2017, 8:43 pm #22

I finally finished my civilian dio. It started as an experiment with me tying to use some new materials like balsa board and several different types of foliage products,including PE and paper stuff. I don't care for the balsa board and will go back to my familiar plaster in the future.
But here we have "The Retirement".

and here is the obligatory shot to show real scale using the ubiquitous paint bottle,etc. This isn't as cool as a scratchbuilt gamma goat engine but maybe you can glean some dio ideas,etc. from the old mans' retirement?

This is a nice rural scene you show here Buddy!

Althought the the balsa board was a dissapointment (your words ) I think it comes out great here, as is the rest of the scene including the vegetation. Something I find allways difficult to (believeable) reproduce in scale. Nice job here! One point though, the flowers could be even more colorfull for that nice sommer retirement day...
Ah heck, leave as it is; I like it still!!!... and that woman has a lot of conversion potential to

Again, nice work! Something different than the usual war/disstruction things

Cheers
Erik

Stunning work!

May 17th, 2017, 9:22 pm #23

I finally finished my civilian dio. It started as an experiment with me tying to use some new materials like balsa board and several different types of foliage products,including PE and paper stuff. I don't care for the balsa board and will go back to my familiar plaster in the future.

and here is the obligatory shot to show real scale using the ubiquitous paint bottle,etc. This isn't as cool as a scratchbuilt gamma goat engine but maybe you can glean some dio ideas,etc. from the old mans' retirement?

A fantastic piece of life!
The scenery, characters and building are incredibly life like.

Thanks for the nice words Eric. I am working several things at

May 17th, 2017, 10:23 pm #24

This is a nice rural scene you show here Buddy!

Althought the the balsa board was a dissapointment (your words ) I think it comes out great here, as is the rest of the scene including the vegetation. Something I find allways difficult to (believeable) reproduce in scale. Nice job here! One point though, the flowers could be even more colorfull for that nice sommer retirement day...
Ah heck, leave as it is; I like it still!!!... and that woman has a lot of conversion potential to

Again, nice work! Something different than the usual war/disstruction things

Cheers
Erik
the same time and they are all pretty depressing subjects,including my big refugee dio. So i needed a break from the bad bad stuff people do to each other. It never ends,it seems.
So lets have some flowers and blue sky for once !
J

Nice of you to say Gilles,I appreciate it.

May 17th, 2017, 10:24 pm #25

A fantastic piece of life!
The scenery, characters and building are incredibly life like.
Nice of you to say Gilles,I appreciate it.

Beautiful

May 18th, 2017, 1:05 am #26

I really like the when modelers do something different with dioramas think outside the box. I can just hear the old guy complaining about this younger generation.
Eric
There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.

Calvin and Hobbs 1990

Original, and I love the vibrant colour palette

May 18th, 2017, 1:20 am #27

Takes me back to the golden age of Historex, and the vivid style which was the fashion then.

Jerry, this is your best work!!! From the figures, the ground work...

May 18th, 2017, 3:39 am #28

the house, Great Stuff.................

Fantastic

May 18th, 2017, 6:57 am #29

Wow Jerry, that is fantastic all round.
Love all the variation in foliage and plants, it looks totally natural. You're a groundwork master.
It's just a damn shame about that balsa foam

Congrats Leigh
Last edited by Leigh Coote on May 18th, 2017, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Groundwork

May 18th, 2017, 12:40 pm #30

Fantastic dio. Your imagination and ability to bring it to life is amazing.

Two questions:
- How did you make the roof? Did you cut out individual tiles? Can you buy tiles like that?
- What brand or brands of groundwork did you use?