The (Panet/CMK) FAMO works and other WIP

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

The (Panet/CMK) FAMO works and other WIP

August 8th, 2012, 11:19 pm #1

Making the most of my few free hobby days : some pics with an impression of my working (kitchen) table.
This all has to be gone when my wife returns in three days...

A post a few pages down from Roman Volchenkov about the Planet FAMO with Bilstein led me on to an old shelf queen : The FAMO with the big diesel crane. I had the dreaded Trump. FAMO for this, together with the WESPE crane. Oh how I hate them Trumpy 1000 piece tracks.....well, one by one...
The whole kit is so bad to make when comparing to the Revell one I made a while ago. (Best OOTB kit I ever made !!)

Well here some pics of the FAMO's, including the Planet Bilstein one for Roman, and other stuff.

P.S. Paul : Is the Somua with Pak 40 allowable for the group build ? I desperately await a reason to finish it soon...!

Greets to you all, Alfred van Netburg.

Alfreds chaos works with somewhere in the lower left corner the paint ready PzBefW III E from Ken.
This all happily fueled by a 14,5% alc Argentinian Merlot...

Panzerbefehlswagen III E ready for final finish. Ken Overby's model was basicly already very good but I, uneccessarily decided to kitbash it with an Esci Pz III, sorry Ken.

The FAMO Diesel crane works, so many unneeded seperate parts on the Trump kit...

Paul, can I please make this one for the AT group build ??

The Planet FAMO with Bilstein crane, made way before the Revell FAMO release.
The instruction decals on the crane are...randomly picked-out decals for HO commercial truck kits...!!

Toghether with the fine Revell FAMO, My all time favourite OOTB kit !!

Last edited by alfred250251 on August 9th, 2012, 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 9th, 2012, 2:07 am #2

hahahahhaha. Yes, my country have the best wines of the all world, and the best girls of course. (except the president... hahaha).

Nice models Alfred, lately I missing your models and art. Is really good to see you for here again.

Is interesting the vertion of Famo. Nice!
cheers.
Last edited by maultier on August 9th, 2012, 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 9th, 2012, 2:10 am #3

Making the most of my few free hobby days : some pics with an impression of my working (kitchen) table.
This all has to be gone when my wife returns in three days...

A post a few pages down from Roman Volchenkov about the Planet FAMO with Bilstein led me on to an old shelf queen : The FAMO with the big diesel crane. I had the dreaded Trump. FAMO for this, together with the WESPE crane. Oh how I hate them Trumpy 1000 piece tracks.....well, one by one...
The whole kit is so bad to make when comparing to the Revell one I made a while ago. (Best OOTB kit I ever made !!)

Well here some pics of the FAMO's, including the Planet Bilstein one for Roman, and other stuff.

P.S. Paul : Is the Somua with Pak 40 allowable for the group build ? I desperately await a reason to finish it soon...!

Greets to you all, Alfred van Netburg.

Alfreds chaos works with somewhere in the lower left corner the paint ready PzBefW III E from Ken.
This all happily fueled by a 14,5% alc Argentinian Merlot...

Panzerbefehlswagen III E ready for final finish. Ken Overby's model was basicly already very good but I, uneccessarily decided to kitbash it with an Esci Pz III, sorry Ken.

The FAMO Diesel crane works, so many unneeded seperate parts on the Trump kit...

Paul, can I please make this one for the AT group build ??

The Planet FAMO with Bilstein crane, made way before the Revell FAMO release.
The instruction decals on the crane are...randomly picked-out decals for HO commercial truck kits...!!

Toghether with the fine Revell FAMO, My all time favourite OOTB kit !!
The bilstein crane is very well detailled, I like how you deploy the cables.
Nice to see these diferent FAMOs to compare. Arthur, you will need a lot of merlot for the Trumpeter one. It is a madness of pieces!(I have one and everytime I check it in the box, close it again and go for something for human)
I envy you, a good merlot, good models, may be some music... and not a wife to say "you will paint our kitchen table!!!" LOL. Enjoy your next 3days and good modeling.

Carlos

August 9th, 2012, 9:12 am #4

hahahahhaha. Yes, my country have the best wines of the all world, and the best girls of course. (except the president... hahaha).

Nice models Alfred, lately I missing your models and art. Is really good to see you for here again.

Is interesting the vertion of Famo. Nice!
cheers.
Yes I like Argentina wines Zeke, but your neighbours in Chili make nice ones too !

Have you found a model of the TAM yet ?

Alfred

August 9th, 2012, 9:19 am #5

The bilstein crane is very well detailled, I like how you deploy the cables.
Nice to see these diferent FAMOs to compare. Arthur, you will need a lot of merlot for the Trumpeter one. It is a madness of pieces!(I have one and everytime I check it in the box, close it again and go for something for human)
I envy you, a good merlot, good models, may be some music... and not a wife to say "you will paint our kitchen table!!!" LOL. Enjoy your next 3days and good modeling.

Carlos
Thanks Carlos, but for all the modelling freedom I miss my wife and kids too....

I agree that Trumpeter put the modellers off with their FAMO and later they put rubber tracks in the kits... too bad they cannot be obtained as loose item...

The Trump Famo Engine detail however is screeming for an open, or left off engine hood !

For the diesel crane I will have to tear down the carg back of the FAMO and I was stupid to have already built it. Now I have to cut it apart, without ruining the fixtures to the frame....

And still have to put toghether the second track....

Alfred

August 9th, 2012, 10:43 am #6

Yes I like Argentina wines Zeke, but your neighbours in Chili make nice ones too !

Have you found a model of the TAM yet ?

Alfred
Armaq (argentine enterprise) produce one but is very bad.. and very expensive... (100 dollars.. cost).

For 1/72 I have one marder to modificate and muuuuuuuuuuuuuch but muuuuuuuuuuch data to use.

cheers.