"The Last Ride"

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

"The Last Ride"

January 8th, 2016, 7:51 am #1

On the 8th of May world war II ended in Europe.The german Heer capitulated in Waidhofen an der Ybbs.SS units in Weyer(Austria)they tried to to cross the river Enns to escape from the russians and reach the US line!

I was inspired(again) by a range of photo's shot in Weyer which i received from Mirko Bayerl.

The 251/9 i have used is from AFV with Aber pe.Figures are modified figures from different brands like,Dragon,Evolution,Alpine,Mini-Art and Warriors.
The house and groundwork is made from Styrodur(bluefoam)

The 251/9 without the crew:

Cheers,

Roger

January 8th, 2016, 8:12 am #2

Great job as always. Congratulations

January 8th, 2016, 8:14 am #3

On the 8th of May world war II ended in Europe.The german Heer capitulated in Waidhofen an der Ybbs.SS units in Weyer(Austria)they tried to to cross the river Enns to escape from the russians and reach the US line!

I was inspired(again) by a range of photo's shot in Weyer which i received from Mirko Bayerl.

The 251/9 i have used is from AFV with Aber pe.Figures are modified figures from different brands like,Dragon,Evolution,Alpine,Mini-Art and Warriors.

Cheers,

Roger
you've completly nailed it. This is very inspiring work and the level of details in both build and paint job is excellent. Congrats to you, sir.
Best regards
Jacob

January 8th, 2016, 8:32 am #4

Cheers,

Roger
....Factory Roger Hurkmans

Roger , Its no doubt to see and understand WHO made this small stunning scene. Its compact and its very nice. Does the Soldiers and Vehicle looks like coming from the bitter retreats fights from Hungary/Austria ? Well I am not sure a "bell rings" totally convinced for me - but the quality and the house...etc etc...Just simply fantastic...again sir.

Its so nice to see you keep to your style and its very attractive...Like I told you..I wouldnt mind to see more "fatigue" on the vehicle and the Soldiers...but who am I to say that ? You are the master and I learn

So one "critic" and I have discussed it years and years...can somebody , SOMEBODY make the tyres in different style for once and make the "touching Surface" of the rubber dusty instead of vice versa. Here we see the SPW on a dusty May 45 cobblestone road coming from fieldroads and the front rubber wheels has only "dust" in the crevices of the tyres...just look at our cars and you see its not always only dust in the crevices( ditches of the pattern ) but on the area that touch the ground as well or alone. I know its very very common to make tyres in blackish and then add pigment and letting it dry and the remove with finger...magic, Quick - but not always realistic !!But of course we see both variants..but this vehicle driving back from dusty roads and into dusty cobblestone I wouldnt mind make it vice verca on yours. See attached Picture to understand what I mean !!

Otherwize Roger....Yum yum for my eyes and as always...YOU ARE the inpiration nr 1 for me !!! And what a "gift" and start for 2016

Last edited by mirkobayerl on January 8th, 2016, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 8th, 2016, 9:18 am #5

Cheers,

Roger
A pleasure to see,great work :)

January 8th, 2016, 9:39 am #6

Cheers,

Roger
Hi Roger as usual a truly inspirational Level of skill and quality. Beautifully crafted, painted and presented.

January 8th, 2016, 10:00 am #7

....Factory Roger Hurkmans

Roger , Its no doubt to see and understand WHO made this small stunning scene. Its compact and its very nice. Does the Soldiers and Vehicle looks like coming from the bitter retreats fights from Hungary/Austria ? Well I am not sure a "bell rings" totally convinced for me - but the quality and the house...etc etc...Just simply fantastic...again sir.

Its so nice to see you keep to your style and its very attractive...Like I told you..I wouldnt mind to see more "fatigue" on the vehicle and the Soldiers...but who am I to say that ? You are the master and I learn

So one "critic" and I have discussed it years and years...can somebody , SOMEBODY make the tyres in different style for once and make the "touching Surface" of the rubber dusty instead of vice versa. Here we see the SPW on a dusty May 45 cobblestone road coming from fieldroads and the front rubber wheels has only "dust" in the crevices of the tyres...just look at our cars and you see its not always only dust in the crevices( ditches of the pattern ) but on the area that touch the ground as well or alone. I know its very very common to make tyres in blackish and then add pigment and letting it dry and the remove with finger...magic, Quick - but not always realistic !!But of course we see both variants..but this vehicle driving back from dusty roads and into dusty cobblestone I wouldnt mind make it vice verca on yours. See attached Picture to understand what I mean !!

Otherwize Roger....Yum yum for my eyes and as always...YOU ARE the inpiration nr 1 for me !!! And what a "gift" and start for 2016

I really think it depends on what kind of road/terrain the vehicle is operating in. I do agree, that the dust pattern shown in your posted pictures is widely seen in pictures, both old and new, but I went through a whole lot of pictures on the Axis Forum, and here it's clearly visible, that these dust and mud patterns differs.
When thiss is said, I do agree with you, that modellers, myself included, tend to do what Roger's done Maybe it's something with this effect, which tend to be more of an eye pleaser or in sme way look more "right", I can't really say.
Hope this makes sense.
Jacob

January 8th, 2016, 12:06 pm #8

Cheers,

Roger
Hi Roger!

Sorry, but i cant understand how can you modelling in this level and speed...OK i know this project was slower as usual
I think you got the feeling of the last days of war and the uptight moments when will they reach the US lines.

The 251 and the figures are great, the house and the street are superb!

Thanks for the inspiration (again)

All the best, Laszlo

January 8th, 2016, 1:25 pm #9

Cheers,

Roger
Well done! This shows how effective it is to use a small, tight composition when creating a vignette or diorama.

Steven Brown
Scale Model Soup
http://www.scalemodelsoup.com

January 8th, 2016, 1:29 pm #10

Cheers,

Roger
As always!

cheers Pieter
groet Pieter BK