"The edge of Darkness" Narva 1944

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

"The edge of Darkness" Narva 1944

February 22nd, 2017, 6:04 pm #1

In march 44 dutch ss volunteers fought at the Narvafront together with the 11.SS. Nordland.The losses against the russians were heavy and bitter!

I tried to depict a scene from the moment after a fight,wounded carried out of a trench and will be tranported to a fieldhospital.

Here are a few photo's from my dio:

And one before painting:

Cheers,

Roger
Last edited by rogerhm on February 22nd, 2017, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 22nd, 2017, 6:13 pm #2

this is absolutely perfect ! rescue action without gore features ... just perfect !

i love so much your balance of colors and all those details everywhere.

February 22nd, 2017, 6:24 pm #3

In march 44 dutch ss volunteers fought at the Narvafront together with the 11.SS. Nordland.The losses against the russians were heavy and bitter!

I tried to depict a scene from the moment after a fight,wounded carried out of a trench and will be tranported to a fieldhospital.

And one before painting:

Cheers,

Roger
. . . . view are very well executed. Impressive!
And I cannot recall ever seeing figures with such dynamic poses and features.

February 22nd, 2017, 6:39 pm #4

And one before painting:

Cheers,

Roger
Hello Roger,

This is really a scene which is perfectly balanced reflecting a dramatic situation in a very convincing way!
Everything is perfect:
- Vehicle
- Figures
- Environment

Where did you get this nice wounded soldier which is transported by his comrades?
Scratch or something offered also for normal buyers?

Best regards

Hopefully we can see more of your perfect compositions
Gert

February 22nd, 2017, 6:57 pm #5

And one before painting:

Cheers,

Roger
... You always capture the sense of desperation.
Best compliments.
Ciao
Filippo

February 22nd, 2017, 7:25 pm #6

And one before painting:

Cheers,

Roger
OUTSTANDING DIORAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love what you have done here and the story you have created. Great job.

February 22nd, 2017, 8:33 pm #7

Amateurish....thats how I feel when I see your latest Creation and here I mean - me, myself !! I feel still playing in a sandbox comparing to you.

The error is when I EVERY time you have created something new I say : this is your best yet and I Think that freaking Dutch guy cannot do any better....but he can , he can !!! he fu...can. That man has overnaturally forces like he was from Venus or Mars.

Tell me, how do you do it all ?

Neverless , you cannot imagine how much I enjoy your last Dio here...I tend to say again , this is your best and...and acctually one of the best Vig./Dio I have seen. How "high" can you climb ? Where is your bar ?

Roger apart from my lines above i can only say WOOOOOOWWWWWWW.

I just wish I have created someting like this with a 250 Neu and WSS grenadiers from I./NORGE in...well you can guess

It all seems so simple for you...How can you paint Three guys tight together.....No no you are not human !!!

Brother , you made my night and day for a long time on.

Now I must go back to look at the pics..

Just two question :
Was the AA 11 250/9 in plain yellow - or do I see wrong ?
The officers neck and head seems a bit stressed IMO , have you tryed him look in direction like what i done here below ?

Last edited by mirkobayerl on February 22nd, 2017, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 22nd, 2017, 9:05 pm #8

And one before painting:

Cheers,

Roger
...how you keep pulling off these unbelievably well composed and finished set pieces Roger! I always feel happy when l see your name in the CC DG because I know l am going to be treated to something really special! And you did it again!

Thank you for keeping us inspired with your special brand of Dutch magic!

Respectfully,
Dinesh
sinsling'at'hotmaildotcom

February 22nd, 2017, 9:23 pm #9

And one before painting:

Cheers,

Roger
Everything looks perfect. Great job!

Bart

February 22nd, 2017, 9:41 pm #10

And one before painting:

Cheers,

Roger
Hi
Absolutely amazing. Truly well done. Very inspiring.

Cheers
Andrew