The Diesel Locomotives of the Wehrmacht

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

The Diesel Locomotives of the Wehrmacht

November 8th, 2012, 12:38 am #1

Hello

Does anybody have a copy of the book "Die Diesellokomotiven Der Wehrmacht" (The Diesel Locomotives of the Wehrmacht) by Stefan Lauscher

I'm hoping it has blue prints or scale builders drawings of locomotive types, particulary the WR 360. Or at least hoping it has good clear photographs of sides and ends.

I will order a copy off the web if it has plans or good photos, can anyone comment

TIA
Neil

November 8th, 2012, 5:27 pm #2

Hi I have this book, bought some years back at the Glasgow model railway show from the German railway society. It does have drawings of various locos though mainly side elevations. The photographic coverage seems pretty good to me with some nice ones of WR360's being erected. There is lots of good information in it and if my German was better probably even more than that. Diesels are not really my thing but it seems to cover them pretty well.
Best wishes
Jamie

November 8th, 2012, 7:07 pm #3

Loads of photos, though I don't remember it having plans.

Cheers

John

November 9th, 2012, 10:35 am #4

Hi I have this book, bought some years back at the Glasgow model railway show from the German railway society. It does have drawings of various locos though mainly side elevations. The photographic coverage seems pretty good to me with some nice ones of WR360's being erected. There is lots of good information in it and if my German was better probably even more than that. Diesels are not really my thing but it seems to cover them pretty well.
Best wishes
Jamie
Hi John

I forgot about that book, (and appears that there are two books one on the C12 the other on the C14, and its quite reasonably priced as well), thanks I will track both down

cheers
Neil
Last edited by neilyall on November 9th, 2012, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 9th, 2012, 10:39 am #5

Best wishes
Jamie
Hi Jamie

thanks for the advice

it sounds useful enough, even though I don't know more than 2 words of german.

It will be a bonus if it has any pictures/text of the loco in Wehrmacht use or with Panzerzug 29 too. Even though there were 270 made by 1944, pictures of them in use during the war are very scarce.

cheers
Neil

November 9th, 2012, 9:56 pm #6

There are a fair few pictures of their service with the Wehrmacht with a good lot in North Africa. There are also a couple of Panzerzug 29 but the view is a bit limited. Not being much on Diesels it has just come to my attention that the V36 is a later version and there are more drawings of that.
Best wishes
Jamie

November 9th, 2012, 11:21 pm #7

Thanks for the additional info Jamie.

Given those pictures, I'll order a copy of this book as well as the WWP book

cheers
Neil