TDGB Tamiya Hetzer started

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

TDGB Tamiya Hetzer started

April 18th, 2011, 4:29 pm #1

I haven't seen any Tank Destroyer GB projects around here so I thought I would post an image of my effort so far.

Surprised myself with spending a little over an hour on this kit during the weekend and this is how far I got.

So far the build is out of the box and I like everything about this kit except the barrel which will need replacement.
As can be seen the Aber set will be added, and I plan to use all PE parts. (Ok, those last words was a joke...)

I realize there is not much to comment here, but I just thought I should post this to show that the project is started (and to put a little pressure on myself to keep it going in time for the deadline...)
As always, the months tend to run past too quickly.

Cheers,
Anders
Last edited by Anders Isaksson on May 23rd, 2011, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 18th, 2011, 8:23 pm #2

keep us posted...

Scott Gentry

April 19th, 2011, 1:47 am #3

I haven't seen any Tank Destroyer GB projects around here so I thought I would post an image of my effort so far.

Surprised myself with spending a little over an hour on this kit during the weekend and this is how far I got.

So far the build is out of the box and I like everything about this kit except the barrel which will need replacement.
As can be seen the Aber set will be added, and I plan to use all PE parts. (Ok, those last words was a joke...)

I realize there is not much to comment here, but I just thought I should post this to show that the project is started (and to put a little pressure on myself to keep it going in time for the deadline...)

Cheers,
Anders
I've only got the lower hull together, but I only had 30 min before my youngest started to "help" me

John Rybak
JTR Hobby
www.jtrhobby.com

April 19th, 2011, 9:10 pm #4

Cheers,
Anders
Thanks, hopefully more to come soon. (n/t)

April 21st, 2011, 4:30 pm #5

Cheers,
Anders
It looks good so far. Maybe you will add some paint? LOL

April 21st, 2011, 8:12 pm #6

Actually, a little searching in the Axis DG turned up discussions about the 1/35th Tamiya "Mid" Hetzer and the possibility to finish this version in overall Dunkelgelb instead of the painting/marking options provided in the kit.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/th ... dge+or+not

I figure the same would go for the 1/48th version so overall Dunkelgelb it will be.
Should hopefully speed things up a bit.

Cheers,
Anders
Last edited by Anders Isaksson on April 21st, 2011, 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 21st, 2011, 11:29 pm #7

Cheers,
Anders
fun little project so far. i think i may add paint to mine too.
you wouldnt happen to know what the mg mount would look like
if it was removed from the vehicle? i have thought about doing mine
with the mg removed but dont want to leave that nice hole there.

April 22nd, 2011, 7:45 pm #8

Just so I understand, do you plan to remove the entire MG and shield assembly?
Not sure but I may have some info on what the MG holder looks like when the actual MG is missing, but I am away from my refs over the easter. I will check when I get back home and let you know.

Nice to know more Hetzers are on the way!

Cheers,
Anders

April 23rd, 2011, 5:56 pm #9

Yes. I want to remove the whole assembly, just leaving where it would dock with the top plate as if it was damaged and just removed. If you remember, that's cool. If not, that's cool too. Just wanted do do something a little different. Have a good Easter!!

April 26th, 2011, 7:28 am #10

...hope you had a good Easter too!
I will look tonight and send you an email, regardless of what I find.

Cheers,
Anders