TDGB Hetzer - vignette done

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

TDGB Hetzer - vignette done

December 22nd, 2011, 10:21 pm #1

Here are a few pics of the completed vignette.

Anyway, I started this project back in May when the GB kicked off, and as always even the simplest of projects have a tendency to spin out of control and you find yourself adding PE, figures, more elaborate groundwork and what not...
But I believe AMS was kept under control throughout this project and I am now pretty happy to call this one finished.

I had trouble getting the camera to correctly capture the light colored Hetzer together with the darker groundwork. I have done what I can (using my limited skill in working with digital images...) to make the pictures look a little better.

Any and all comments welcome!

Cheers,
Anders

December 22nd, 2011, 10:30 pm #2

and simple, different. Well painted all round!

Andrew

December 23rd, 2011, 12:45 am #3

Anyway, I started this project back in May when the GB kicked off, and as always even the simplest of projects have a tendency to spin out of control and you find yourself adding PE, figures, more elaborate groundwork and what not...
But I believe AMS was kept under control throughout this project and I am now pretty happy to call this one finished.

I had trouble getting the camera to correctly capture the light colored Hetzer together with the darker groundwork. I have done what I can (using my limited skill in working with digital images...) to make the pictures look a little better.

Cheers,
Anders
Hello Anders;

Very nicely finished, my friend. I LOVE the wet look to the mud and earth.

The figures, and the telephone pole add some good height to this vignette. A well-rounded piece, finished to an excellent standard.

Very well done. I love this little dio.

Cheers, Pat

December 23rd, 2011, 5:50 am #4

Cheers,
Anders
what was expected ! Fantastic work. And everything comes together now on a small beautyful base.
Very very nice.

all best

Erik

December 23rd, 2011, 7:20 am #5

Cheers,
Anders
Very nice vignette. The story, the composition, and the well painted .... all are perfect.
Congratulations

Best,
Thor

http://thor-modelling.blogspot.com/

December 23rd, 2011, 7:35 am #6

Cheers,
Anders
Great great work, too many details, great concept and very atmospheric scene.

Congrats

Domin

December 24th, 2011, 7:38 pm #7

Cheers,
Anders
Very nice Anders . . . do tell me more! Great work on the groundwork and figures.
Cheers
David

December 28th, 2011, 9:32 pm #8

and simple, different. Well painted all round!

Andrew

December 28th, 2011, 9:38 pm #9

Hello Anders;

Very nicely finished, my friend. I LOVE the wet look to the mud and earth.

The figures, and the telephone pole add some good height to this vignette. A well-rounded piece, finished to an excellent standard.

Very well done. I love this little dio.

Cheers, Pat
...what I wanted to capture right from the beginning of this project and I think I pulled it off.

As for the layout and the use of a telephone pole, I have pondered the fact that this vignette may not be the most original out there.
But still it was a handful for me to get it finished. Enough work as it was!

Many thanks, Pat!

Cheers,
Anders

PS. Good luck on your Dunkelgelb StuG III - I really look forward to see you apply your magic to that one.

December 28th, 2011, 9:38 pm #10

what was expected ! Fantastic work. And everything comes together now on a small beautyful base.
Very very nice.

all best

Erik
Many thanks, Erik! (n/t)