Tasca rear lifting hooks

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Tasca rear lifting hooks

March 4th, 2017, 2:01 pm #1

Still think these are the best Shermans. However, their take on the rear lifting hooks leaves much to be desired. How do you deal with them? Do you glue, fill and sand or just shave them off and add replacements from the spares (assuming you have spares) or use the shapeways set (only one I have found so far)?
Last edited by MarkAldrich on March 4th, 2017, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 4th, 2017, 2:47 pm #2

I too have the same thing happened since the hooks are too fragile and so I had to buy those resin NewTMD .
http://steeltankspower.blogspot.com 😟😟😟

March 4th, 2017, 6:15 pm #3

Still think these are the best Shermans. However, their take on the rear lifting hooks leaves much to be desired. How do you deal with them? Do you glue, fill and sand or just shave them off and add replacements from the spares (assuming you have spares) or use the shapeways set (only one I have found so far)?
I use the Shapeways set.

March 4th, 2017, 7:43 pm #4

https://tigermodeldesigns.com/?s=lifting+ring

You can get exactly the ones you need.

KL

March 6th, 2017, 12:25 am #5

I finally found the TMD ones. Search engine was not user friendly. My fault for using hooks instead of rings. Thanks again.
Last edited by MarkAldrich on March 6th, 2017, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.