Tank Name translation help?

Polish language forum for discussion of all armour modelling-related topics. Hosted by Tomasz Basarabowicz.

Tank Name translation help?

May 4th, 2010, 4:11 pm #1

Gentlemen, this is my first post on the ML Polish DG as I am an American seeking your assistance. I like to make unique names for my WWII Polish tanks and hope someone can help me translate these properly in a way that will look correct on armored vehicles. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

JW Cesafsky

Tank Names:

-God's Sword
-Justice
-For Jesus!
-God's Chariot
-Sword of Justice

May 5th, 2010, 6:17 pm #2

Here they are:
-God's Sword - Miecz Bozy
-Justice - Sprawiedliwosc
-For Jesus! - Dla Jezusa!
-God's Chariot - Bozy rydwan
-Sword of Justice - Miecz sprawiedliwosci

I only hope that you will see Polish characters correctly.
But on the other hand all those religious slogans will look quite odd on our tanks. Every single Pole will know that there is something wrong with those inscriptions. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe there was a tank driven by catholic fanatics

edit: Polish characters can't be seen on the screen. I don't know how to put them in this message...
Last edited by Pan_Cerny on May 5th, 2010, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 5th, 2010, 8:34 pm #3

these are excellent and I think some of these will work very well. For the vehicles used in the West (Italy, France, Netherlands), English characters were common on Polish tanks. The point is to make names that most people think look correct, but only Polish readers will understand. It is kind of a small joke, especially with Russian armor. But I think you again for your help.

JW