Tank Models - Warning!

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Tank Models - Warning!

October 8th, 2013, 3:01 pm #1

On June 6, 2013, I placed an order with Tank Models at tankmodels.pl/ for $146.07. I received a PayPal request on that date for $151.80, which I immediately paid on June 6, 2013, in spite of the additional unknown requested amount. After 2 months I requested Tank Models to ship any in stock ordered items and issue a PayPal refund for any missing items. Tank Models emailed the following

According to the rules it is not possible to withdraw from the purchase, due to the fact that some models are imported on request.

After 3 months I sent an email requesting my order be cancelled and a PayPal refund be made. I received the following on September 5, 2013

We are very sorry for the situation. Available items will be sent to you next week; the overpayment will be returned via PayPal. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Adam Chodorowski."

It has now been over 4 months and I have not received a refund or any items from my order of June 6, 2013. Since it appears that I will lose my $151.07 payment it may be useful to warn others of my situation if they are contemplating orders from Tank Models .

In another email, Tank Models claimed that they were having trouble getting items from ModelTrans. Subsequent to my Tank Models order I was able to get some duplicate items directly from ModelTrans about 2 months ago.

Last edited by aboone on October 9th, 2013, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 8th, 2013, 3:45 pm #2

Hope Paypal will cover it. Makes you feel any better I got hosed for $700 by USPS. Mailed a package and insured for $700. They told me (after I asked about it.) that I did not need a tracking number of insurance form because customs for would cover it. They lost package, then when I filed claim they say, :Oh! We can not do anything because you don't have a tracking number and insurance receipt!

October 8th, 2013, 5:01 pm #3

Does PayPal offer any recourse for these situations? How do I go about having PayPal help?

October 8th, 2013, 6:12 pm #4

On June 6, 2013, I placed an order with Tank Models at tankmodels.pl/ for $146.07. I received a PayPal request on that date for $151.80, which I immediately paid on June 6, 2013, in spite of the additional unknown requested amount. After 2 months I requested Tank Models to ship any in stock ordered items and issue a PayPal refund for any missing items. Tank Models emailed the following

According to the rules it is not possible to withdraw from the purchase, due to the fact that some models are imported on request.

After 3 months I sent an email requesting my order be cancelled and a PayPal refund be made. I received the following on September 5, 2013

We are very sorry for the situation. Available items will be sent to you next week; the overpayment will be returned via PayPal. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Adam Chodorowski."

It has now been over 4 months and I have not received a refund or any items from my order of June 6, 2013. Since it appears that I will lose my $151.07 payment it may be useful to warn others of my situation if they are contemplating orders from Tank Models .

In another email, Tank Models claimed that they were having trouble getting items from ModelTrans. Subsequent to my Tank Models order I was able to get some duplicate items directly from ModelTrans about 2 months ago.
Sorry to hear that. I ordered from tank models several times and was always happy with their service. Is it really their fault or is it a kind of technical problem? is there any chance to solve it with paypal?

October 8th, 2013, 6:13 pm #5

Does PayPal offer any recourse for these situations? How do I go about having PayPal help?
There are buttons that help you file a complaint. It has worked for me a number of times.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/buyer-protection

October 8th, 2013, 9:04 pm #6

Sorry to hear that. I ordered from tank models several times and was always happy with their service. Is it really their fault or is it a kind of technical problem? is there any chance to solve it with paypal?
I received this response from PayPal:
Thank you for registering your complaint about this transaction. Unfortunately, this type of transaction is not eligible for PayPal dispute resolution. We encourage you to continue to work directly with your seller, as we have found that many misunderstandings reach amicable solutions through communication.

It may be because it is more than 45 days after the transaction - so buyer beware!

October 8th, 2013, 9:38 pm #7

Regards,
Adam Chodorowski."

Hi Albert,
I put a order through Tank Models,
just after a post from you,
implying they were the main distributors for Modeltrans models?
I put a request for some Modeltrans Sherman parts & other kits all listed as 'in stock'
But I did get a note not to try & pay anything until the kits were ready to dispatch
a week or two later I got a message about some Attack kits could not be supplied
then another message saying they could not remove the tax for sending kits to NZ?
So I said thanks but no thanks, & put a order through Milan instead.
Nothing seem to have been in stock at all.
I did get another message saying kits now in stock, but not the Modeltrans ones yet
said it was a misundeerstanding as I thought the order was cancelled
but agreed I will wait for Modeltrans stuff & pay the Euro tax & some of the kits I now will duplicate with Milans order I received mid august.
But not heard anything since, (as I have waited a year for Modeltrans stuff before).
I still have not been asked for any payment yet anyway.

Cheers Elliott

October 8th, 2013, 10:11 pm #8

Regards,
Adam Chodorowski."

Dear friends:

For me is a slut, send orders when they want to or not sent.

In my case, after the delay in the delivery, I get a Tololoco brand truck and comes with no instructions.

I am writing an email and I replied that this truck has no instructions, I would point you have to take them, because if there are no instructions it is impossible to build it and see if there are missing parts.

He says he tried to give me something that I serve as a guide for construction, has elapsed since then seven months or more, a high number of unanswered emails and no case.

They are not serious, or formal, or anything you please.

Saluc and respect peers,

Mon

October 9th, 2013, 4:24 am #9

Regards,
Adam Chodorowski."

As far as I read I see many people waiting for Modelltrans kits from their traders. My experience is that ordering directly from them functios faster than via traders, since the traders firstly have to order the kits from Modelltrans. This enlarges the way the kits have to cover until they reach the customer...When Modelltrans has difficulties in filling up their own stocks, it will be even more difficult to get their kits via a trader... But, that's just my opinion...
Kaya Saydas

October 9th, 2013, 7:23 am #10

Dear friends:

For me is a slut, send orders when they want to or not sent.

In my case, after the delay in the delivery, I get a Tololoco brand truck and comes with no instructions.

I am writing an email and I replied that this truck has no instructions, I would point you have to take them, because if there are no instructions it is impossible to build it and see if there are missing parts.

He says he tried to give me something that I serve as a guide for construction, has elapsed since then seven months or more, a high number of unanswered emails and no case.

They are not serious, or formal, or anything you please.

Saluc and respect peers,

Mon
I am afraid that no one of their kits ever had some instructions. It is normal with many resin kits.

Milan
<a href="http://www.tracks-n-troops.eu/shop/" rel="nofollow">
</a>
<a href="http://www.smallscaleafv.com" rel="nofollow">
</a>