Tamyia KV-1 and M4A3E8 with sandbags and others.

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Tamyia KV-1 and M4A3E8 with sandbags and others.

August 22nd, 2010, 8:23 am #1

After my last posting of the Easy 8, I was unsatisfied by its appearance ( Overdid it with the MIG pigmets ) and thought it needed to look a bit sharper. I have redone it as a 14th amoured division vechile. I hope you like the pictures of the sherman. Please feel free to comment as this is the first sandbags out of the resin mold.

Before the redo.....

And after the redoing...

Sweet.

And now something we hope you really like....

Here is my KV-1 ( and yes Gaston it is the (so called) inferior Tamiya kit but I am pleased with the result. )

Surprised? So were we ( We being my son and I ) The picture came out really well.

And now we have a Stug IV that has been altered since I last posted it as I had an ...er.. flat meltdown. I also realised that I needed to put the concerte armour in front of the driver's position, which I did with two part putty and a little bit of texturing ( Which you can see if you look real close )

And last but not least, A November 1944 Hetzer

Enjoy!!

August 22nd, 2010, 9:50 am #2

Nice buildings! ... I particulary like the Stug camo

August 23rd, 2010, 9:51 am #3

After my last posting of the Easy 8, I was unsatisfied by its appearance ( Overdid it with the MIG pigmets ) and thought it needed to look a bit sharper. I have redone it as a 14th amoured division vechile. I hope you like the pictures of the sherman. Please feel free to comment as this is the first sandbags out of the resin mold.

Before the redo.....

And after the redoing...

Sweet.

And now something we hope you really like....

Here is my KV-1 ( and yes Gaston it is the (so called) inferior Tamiya kit but I am pleased with the result. )

Surprised? So were we ( We being my son and I ) The picture came out really well.

And now we have a Stug IV that has been altered since I last posted it as I had an ...er.. flat meltdown. I also realised that I needed to put the concerte armour in front of the driver's position, which I did with two part putty and a little bit of texturing ( Which you can see if you look real close )

And last but not least, A November 1944 Hetzer

Enjoy!!
Wayne,

The Sherman looks better now but I guess is not finished yet, correct?. One question. By seeing the model I understand it was completely repainted after the mods were added? I mean both Olive Drab and Black were repainted overall tank, frames and sandbags? Maybe you still can play a bit and create differences between all those elements somehow. I think the model would benefit of it.

Good work on the Stug. The repainted camo is very nice and the concrete texture is appreciated in the pic. This one is going along very well too but as I said my favo is the turtle and that camo fits her very much.

Please do not make us wait so long for one more update, amigo.
Lu