Tamiya Sherman Firefly completed

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Tamiya Sherman Firefly completed

November 1st, 2009, 11:09 am #1

I have just posted these in the Allied group build too... this is my Tamiya Sherman Firefly 1C now completed.

I added the Hauler etch set and stowage from Tamiya, Legends & Adalbertus.

The model was painted using Tamiya & Vallejo acrylic paints and finishd using W&N oils, Mig filters and pigments.

Paul

November 3rd, 2009, 2:20 pm #2

Paul,

Good work on your Firefly I also saw at over the British/Commonwealth GB forum. You made a solid work there with all that stowage the figures and that weathered finish.

Well done, Are you planing to make more 1/48th scale models in the near future?

Lu

November 3rd, 2009, 6:56 pm #3

Hi Lu,

Thanks for your comments.

Yes, i do intend to do more 1/48 subjects - this is was my first 48th scale build in fact. I have most of the Tamiya British 1/48th scale range stowed away - I would like to do a Royal Marines Centaur MkIV 95mm CS if I can find some suitable conversion components...

Thanks for hosting a great discussion group too.

Kind Regards,

Paul

November 3rd, 2009, 10:02 pm #4

I have just posted these in the Allied group build too... this is my Tamiya Sherman Firefly 1C now completed.

I added the Hauler etch set and stowage from Tamiya, Legends & Adalbertus.

The model was painted using Tamiya & Vallejo acrylic paints and finishd using W&N oils, Mig filters and pigments.

Paul

Your model is very well weathering, I love all the downside, the tracks and the boogies dusted, very good work.

Cheers.