Tamiya Sd.Kfz. 251/1 "Stuka zu Fuss" - done.

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Tamiya Sd.Kfz. 251/1 "Stuka zu Fuss" - done.

July 22nd, 2012, 8:37 am #1

Well done as much as I can manage. Clearly so much more possible when looking at the workmanship here - and so, so much more to aim for. Thanks to all for the inspiration and the friendly forum. Lu, Pat: thanks too for the opportunity to play. Don't know how these pics will look on your monitor but here goes...

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

And a little Warren Zevon always helps! Thanks for looking. Cheers, Ralph.

July 22nd, 2012, 10:08 am #2

Looks very good.

David's Model Pages on Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/modelscale

July 22nd, 2012, 12:40 pm #3

Well done as much as I can manage. Clearly so much more possible when looking at the workmanship here - and so, so much more to aim for. Thanks to all for the inspiration and the friendly forum. Lu, Pat: thanks too for the opportunity to play. Don't know how these pics will look on your monitor but here goes...

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

A beautiful looking model that I have been following throughout the build...however I feel that the basing has really let it down. The vehicle doesn't show any weight on the ground it is placed on...almost as though it is floating there. Perhaps it isn't done.

Please don't take this the wrong way, as you have done a fantastic job on the kit...just a little work needed to make the base and the vehicle meld together.

July 22nd, 2012, 6:31 pm #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Hi Ralph?

I can´t believe it. So non US subject from you for the GB???

Great work on your three beauties. All of them inspiring indeed!

Regards!
Alvaro

PS If you accept it, another constructive comment from here: the wheatering on the front wheels -that I love, BTW, and I will follow for my tiny Schwimm- does not match the wheatering on the tracks (or vice-versa!

July 22nd, 2012, 10:43 pm #5

A beautiful looking model that I have been following throughout the build...however I feel that the basing has really let it down. The vehicle doesn't show any weight on the ground it is placed on...almost as though it is floating there. Perhaps it isn't done.

Please don't take this the wrong way, as you have done a fantastic job on the kit...just a little work needed to make the base and the vehicle meld together.
Hello Rob: yes - I see what you mean. Perhaps I can channel out some of the base to allow the model to sit more "deeply" into the groundwork. Almost begs the question of allowing the rear of the vehicle to sit down a little too. Alvaro's comments suggest an opportunity to revisit the running gear weathering. Bases - models in themselves, and an all-new adventure. Cheers, Ralph.

July 22nd, 2012, 10:52 pm #6

Hi Ralph?

I can´t believe it. So non US subject from you for the GB???

Great work on your three beauties. All of them inspiring indeed!

Regards!
Alvaro

PS If you accept it, another constructive comment from here: the wheatering on the front wheels -that I love, BTW, and I will follow for my tiny Schwimm- does not match the wheatering on the tracks (or vice-versa!
Hello Alvaro: yes - always keen to hear ideas and suggestions, as I know very little about armour subjects and their surroundings. I see what you mean about the mis-matched running gear weathering. I'm still trying to understand the many weathering materials and application techniques - maybe I'm running too fast and need to look at some period photos to help balance my results. Thanks too for the pointer about aftermarket turned metal poles - I will try to find some. Cheers, Ralph.

July 23rd, 2012, 9:04 am #7

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

G'day Ralph.
I've really enjoyed following your build up and paint of your 251. It looks just great
the colours and the weathering look supurb to my eye.
Regards to you my friend.
Alan.

July 23rd, 2012, 2:21 pm #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Looks really nice, Ralph. Love that camo.

Q

http://dqscaleworks.blogspot.com/

July 23rd, 2012, 10:26 pm #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Nice close up! Superb chipping! A really atractive finish!

July 23rd, 2012, 11:54 pm #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Excellent work there, and good to see you are enjoying the AFV side of things.

Cheers,
Anders