Tamiya release suggestions

The Axis WWII discussion group is hosted by Tom Cockle and is dedicated to Axis armour of the Second World War.

Tamiya release suggestions

May 4th, 2012, 4:27 pm #1

What would be the chance of Tamiya releasing an updated version of their Pz II Ausf C? (With cupola and other modifications as seen during Barbarossa and the campaign in Africa.)

Likewise a combination of their DAK early Kubelwagen with "European" tires would be a welcome release.

best regards,

Marc Brandes

Replace dod in email address

May 4th, 2012, 9:12 pm #2

(I know, none of these are Axis subjects, so this is OT)

I would like a new tool 1/35 Tamiya M18 Hellcat please. And why you are at it, can I please have a 1/48 US Halftrack? You can even pick which one, doesn't matter to me...

And Tasca, if you are listening out there, a Tasca 1/35 M10 and M36 would be super awesome cool...

Thanks for listening...

Scott Gentry

May 4th, 2012, 9:46 pm #3

What would be the chance of Tamiya releasing an updated version of their Pz II Ausf C? (With cupola and other modifications as seen during Barbarossa and the campaign in Africa.)

Likewise a combination of their DAK early Kubelwagen with "European" tires would be a welcome release.

best regards,

Marc Brandes

There are at least two kits in resin, neither good for an unskilled modeler. A plastic one would be nice.

May 4th, 2012, 9:59 pm #4

best regards,

Marc Brandes

agent from Tamiya gathering intel on what the mass public wants? lol

How 'bout: (all in 1/35 please)

M31 ARV...never done in plastic
M36B1....the old Italeri kit has seen better days
StuG III Ausf E, F & F/8
ANY WWII French armoe ie..R35, S35
ANY WWII softskins, British, French, German, Russian, American...some other companies are picking some of these up but many are poor wuality eastern european kits

The list could go on,..and on,....and on,...and.......

May 5th, 2012, 3:18 am #5

best regards,

Marc Brandes

I hope they make a FT-17 -- it has been a rumored for a time.
They make a 48th scale US staff car, I wish they would do it in 35th scale. I think this was announced at one time, but that has vaporized.
I wish they could continue the big soft skin theme they started with the Fammo and Dragon wagon and bring us a diamond T.
I wish they would open up a new field of Russian AA guns with either an 85mm or 37mm
And a Sherman DD because it long, long overdue.

Thanks,
Fingers crossed,
David

May 5th, 2012, 4:20 am #6

TKS or 7TP in 1/35

May 5th, 2012, 8:55 am #7

best regards,

Marc Brandes

Dear Mr.Tamiya,

Forget Tasca. Get an M10 and M36 out asap, you are the ones who have the history with them, dating back to the 1960s in fact. Your 1/48th M10 wasn't bad either... but then you're not actually going to give us what we want are you?

If you change your mind, just in time for xmas 2012 would be good.

Oh yes, axis forum etc.... well how about a new-tooled Panther D and A?

Ron
Last edited by ronrunningman on May 5th, 2012, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 5th, 2012, 10:53 am #8

best regards,

Marc Brandes

FCM ,Lorrain,Renault R35/38 and hotchkis H35/H39 would be wellcomme too .This will be a good range for conversations

greetings Detlev

http://panzer-modell.de.tl/
Last edited by Detlev Kaczmarek on May 5th, 2012, 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 5th, 2012, 1:01 pm #9

best regards,

Marc Brandes

A Somua, R35, or H39 would be great from Tamiya, and Please a new Lorraine Schlepper with its varients to follow. The Polish tanks too, Tamiya did a great job with the Renault carrier maybe they could do the Polish lights as well. Look at all the posibilities off just the one set of molds there.

As for Shermans I would rather see Tasca over anyone else. Right now all they would have to do is the turret and fighting compartment for a great M36B1 and then go on to do the M10 and M36 families of TD's. Add a high bustle turret and make an M4 upper hull and we will have it made there too.

I am betting Bronco will give us an M18 sometime in the not to distant future which also would be great. Maybe even the M3 Stuart line.

AFV club has to give us an M3 stuart line to follow up their excellent M3A3. I bet if Bronco does one we will see it from AFV club too.

As for Dragon, come on and finish the allied halftracks. They announced the M2 with 37mm loooong ago and then also the once announced T30. Along with that the T48 and M15 both badly needed in my opinion. Dragon then could do a 37mm, 57mm, and 6 pder for us not to mention a US 37mm AA gun. Then PLEASE get to the M5A1 and M9A1 both excellent kits to do Isreali halftracks from another long line of kits off these molds too.

I am pretty happy with what we have seen in axis armor though a 88 Flak 41 ausf Sonderfahrgestall from Bronco would be fantastic.

Sorry went well beyond Tamiya here.

Karl.

May 5th, 2012, 1:07 pm #10

Dear Mr.Tamiya,

Forget Tasca. Get an M10 and M36 out asap, you are the ones who have the history with them, dating back to the 1960s in fact. Your 1/48th M10 wasn't bad either... but then you're not actually going to give us what we want are you?

If you change your mind, just in time for xmas 2012 would be good.

Oh yes, axis forum etc.... well how about a new-tooled Panther D and A?

Ron
With Tamiya's recent re-release of their very old versions of the M10 and M36, I can't help but wonder why they would bother with new tooling for these particular vehicles. Hey, if they're good enough for a re-release, they MUST be good enough for many more years. Maybe Tasca will give us a new M10 and/or M36, but I seriously doubt we will see them from Tamiya.