Tamiya Parts Replacement - in Canada

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Tamiya Parts Replacement - in Canada

July 16th, 2012, 10:16 pm #1

Hello All;

I know this has been covered before but hear me out.
A while back my son bought the Tamiya kit of the Char B1 bis (35282). Upon opening the box, he discovered that the entire "C' sprue was missing (0013034). I use to get parts through Rainbow Ten and they had excellent service. Now that they are gone, I don't know where to go.

I know Borgefeldt Canada is the official Tamiya importer in Canada but they have not been much help from what I hear. If anyone could provide some help, we would appreciate it. We'll gladly pay for the cost of getting these replaced. We're located in Ontario, Canada.

Thanks in Advance.

Ed Kubiak

July 17th, 2012, 1:20 am #2

Ed,

I would Try Tamiya Canada and if they don't offer this service I believe Tamiya USA does. Since we are often considered the 51st state by Non North Americans I would believe if they extend the service to the U.S. they would have to offer it to Canadians. Can't see why they wouldn't.

http://www.totalwarinscale.blogspot.com/
Last edited by Totalize on July 17th, 2012, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 17th, 2012, 2:16 am #3

Hi David;

I already checked their site tonight and they specifically say that they only sell to U.S. Customers. I will have to go through Borgefeldt Canada as per the "Official List". I've sent an e-mail to Borgefeldt and we'll see what happens, but I'm not holding my breath...

Ed

July 17th, 2012, 6:17 am #4

Hi Ed ..I have to say that I wrote to Borgfeld once ,I got no response to my e-mail but a week later I got a small package in the mail free of charge ..Pretty good service if you ask me..

Rick

July 17th, 2012, 11:45 am #5

Hi David;

I already checked their site tonight and they specifically say that they only sell to U.S. Customers. I will have to go through Borgefeldt Canada as per the "Official List". I've sent an e-mail to Borgefeldt and we'll see what happens, but I'm not holding my breath...

Ed
A few years ago, I called them to buy extra sprues from Tamiya kits, and got great service.

Cheers!

Hervé "Charby" Charbonneau
Chicoutimi QC
Canada

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. (Bullet Tooth Tony)
Last edited by Herve Charbonneau on July 17th, 2012, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 17th, 2012, 12:52 pm #6

Hello All;

A while back my son bought the Tamiya kit of the Char B1 bis (35282). Upon opening the box, he discovered that the entire "C' sprue was missing (0013034). I use to get parts through Rainbow Ten and they had excellent service. Now that they are gone, I don't know where to go.

I know Borgefeldt Canada is the official Tamiya importer in Canada but they have not been much help from what I hear. If anyone could provide some help, we would appreciate it. We'll gladly pay for the cost of getting these replaced. We're located in Ontario, Canada.

Thanks in Advance.

Ed Kubiak
. . and they have been great. Just don't expect a confirmatory email after each of yours.

July 17th, 2012, 4:49 pm #7

Hi David;

Ed
I too have had great success calling them and speaking directly to the parts guy- I wish i could remember his name.

(I was actually looking for wire wheels to upgrade an 1/25th Austin Healey kit and noticed that the Morgan 4/4 used the same size wheel. Even though Morgan kit was officially out of production he tracked down a full set of wire wheels ans tires...)

Was very impressed!

Bruce

July 17th, 2012, 4:56 pm #8

He's the parts guy!

July 17th, 2012, 6:26 pm #9

Hello All;

Thanks in Advance.

Ed Kubiak
Ed,

If Borgefeldt doesn't respond, talk to Dave at Hornet Hobbies - every time I need a Tamiya sprue, he's able to get it from Borgefeldt within a matter of days.

------
Chuck Rothman
Former AMPS Webmaster
Former AMPS Boresight Editor
Now just a regular AMPS member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chuck Rothman
AMPS 2nd VP - Canada

July 17th, 2012, 9:01 pm #10

Hello All;

Thanks in Advance.

Ed Kubiak
Hello All;

Thanks to all that have responded. I have sent an e-mail to Borgefeldt and I will try and call them during their business hours. The help is much appreciated!!