Tamiya Panther ausf G

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Tamiya Panther ausf G

January 19th, 2012, 9:52 pm #1

What can I say?

I've been modelling for just over a year, and I've been a huge fan of everyone's work on this site, its been so inspiring.

This is my take on Tamiya's Panther ausf G late, with Aber barrell, grills and Friul tracks.

Many thanks especially to Brian Murdoch for his advice and loaning me the excellent Canfora Panther book and the priceless Duel in the Mist.

I look forward to posting here over the years and hopefully we'll all see an improvement in my skills.

Please be gentle with me.

Sorry for the poor picture quality, the lighting in my room and iphone camera aren't exactly ideal.

January 20th, 2012, 6:21 am #2

Looks good to me! Keep it up and you'll go far

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andyksmodelblog.blogspot.com/

January 20th, 2012, 7:13 am #3

Looks very nice when you consider the shot time you have been modelling
like the tones you have on the spare track links
would be good to see it at the Darlington Sword and Lance show in April
all the best Lester

January 20th, 2012, 9:27 am #4

What can I say?

I've been modelling for just over a year, and I've been a huge fan of everyone's work on this site, its been so inspiring.

This is my take on Tamiya's Panther ausf G late, with Aber barrell, grills and Friul tracks.

Many thanks especially to Brian Murdoch for his advice and loaning me the excellent Canfora Panther book and the priceless Duel in the Mist.

I look forward to posting here over the years and hopefully we'll all see an improvement in my skills.

Sorry for the poor picture quality, the lighting in my room and iphone camera aren't exactly ideal.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your comments, especially coming from modellers I have a lot of admiration for!

@Andy - I wouldn't be anywhere near this level if it wasnt for sites like this and the guys at my club in Glasgow!

@Lester - I painted the tracks with vallejo rust and applied a few filters of burnt sienna and black. I used Mig pigments to get the lighter tones.

I dont think I'll be able to make the Darlo show as I think I'll be at the show in Perth.

I will be at Duxford and possibly Euro later in the year though.
Last edited by portonion on January 20th, 2012, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 20th, 2012, 2:27 pm #5

What can I say?

Could have fooled me! You look like a veteran

January 20th, 2012, 2:33 pm #6

Thanks Jerry, but I definitely have a lot to learn when compared to everyone here!

January 20th, 2012, 2:51 pm #7

What can I say?

Pretty unbelievable how well you've done with this model considering the reletively short period of time you have been with the hobby. You really nailed all of the basic's - now it's just a matter of refining your techniques and developing your personal style.

Best regards.
rick

<a href="http://migproductions-usa.com/" rel="nofollow">

</a>

<a href="http://ricklawler.plastic-garden.com/" rel="nofollow">

</a>

January 20th, 2012, 3:06 pm #8

Thanks for the kind words Rick, as I said I've had some really invaluable advice, and when you get to see some of the great work the guys in my club put out, its not hard to be inspired!

I know I've a lot to learn, but I'm slowly getting the confidence to try new techniques!

January 20th, 2012, 4:24 pm #9

What can I say?

Nice to see you posting on here mate , The camo was really nicely sprayed , very tight , hard to do for someone who has not been modelling very long , looking forward to your next project

cheers
Brian

January 20th, 2012, 4:55 pm #10

Cheers Brian!

I couldn't get the thing masked properly, so I thought I'd just give it a try, and it turned out ok!

I started working on the Jagdpanther the other night, so I should hopefully have it finished before the end of February!

As I said already, many thanks to yourself and the guys at MAG for all your help and support!

I also got the time off work for Duxford so I'm pretty much excited for that (I'll be saving the pennies for that one)!