Tamiya Marder III done.

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Tamiya Marder III done.

August 5th, 2012, 5:32 am #1

Thanks for all the helpful and instructive comments on this one. Special thanks to local modellers Jamie and Russell for the big push on the wheels and tracks. Not sure whether I enhanced the lovely kit detail or obscured it, but it was worth the cliff-top base-jump!

Couldn't answer a question about the (?) gun lock position - was suggested that it should be in the "down" position during action.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Thanks to HJR for the home-made base.

Comments welcome. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Ralph.

August 5th, 2012, 5:43 am #2

nt

August 5th, 2012, 5:45 am #3

Thanks for all the helpful and instructive comments on this one. Special thanks to local modellers Jamie and Russell for the big push on the wheels and tracks. Not sure whether I enhanced the lovely kit detail or obscured it, but it was worth the cliff-top base-jump!

Couldn't answer a question about the (?) gun lock position - was suggested that it should be in the "down" position during action.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I think the mud looks fantastic and the figure lends a nice sense of scale.

Who is HJR? Is that the online company you mentioned

Oh, and I really like that you broke up the uniform colour on the rusted muffler. Looks great now.

David's Model Pages on Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/modelscale
Last edited by nzdavidh on August 5th, 2012, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 5th, 2012, 11:49 am #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Your kits looks much better with a white or black background!

Nice work!!

August 5th, 2012, 2:07 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Definitely your skills are improving beyond any expectation.
I love the finish of this one, scratches, rust, streaks, splashes... everything gives a nice complexity.
Maybe some minor element will admit some improvement in my opinion, as the tools. But the main paintjob is great.

JL is right, the dark backgrond enhance the contrast and the model looks much better.

Congrats Ralph, excellent job.

Q

http://dqscaleworks.blogspot.com/

August 5th, 2012, 8:56 pm #6

I think the mud looks fantastic and the figure lends a nice sense of scale.

Who is HJR? Is that the online company you mentioned

Oh, and I really like that you broke up the uniform colour on the rusted muffler. Looks great now.

David's Model Pages on Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/modelscale
HJR: talented wood-working father. (n/t).

August 5th, 2012, 8:57 pm #7

Your kits looks much better with a white or black background!

Nice work!!
Cheers JL - might try the black card again. (n/t).

August 5th, 2012, 8:59 pm #8

Definitely your skills are improving beyond any expectation.
I love the finish of this one, scratches, rust, streaks, splashes... everything gives a nice complexity.
Maybe some minor element will admit some improvement in my opinion, as the tools. But the main paintjob is great.

JL is right, the dark backgrond enhance the contrast and the model looks much better.

Congrats Ralph, excellent job.

Q

http://dqscaleworks.blogspot.com/
Any suggestions about improving the tools are welcome (I feel like I'm feeding on other people's brains!). Cheers, Ralph.

August 5th, 2012, 11:44 pm #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Hey Ralph, well done on all the weathering. The Marder turned out a peach

Maybe a hint of glossy oil/lubricant on some of the wheels to act as a bit of contrast to the mucky weathering?

Nice job all the same

Best

Paul

August 6th, 2012, 1:46 am #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Good times in the mud!