Tamiya M8 Greyhound under construction

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Tamiya M8 Greyhound under construction

February 14th, 2012, 1:32 am #1

I haven't posted anything on this project here but thought I'd show you guys what I'm working on. This is part of a Central VA Amps chapter group build that a number of us are participating in. If you're interested in seeing what I did prior to this (full interior, etc), I have a thread here -http://akinteractive.foroactivo.com/t40 ... ling-begin

It's amazing how you can spend a lot of time on something and seem to accomplish so little. I've managed to get the pioneer tools mounted. The biggest problem was getting everything positioned to fit properly. As I've mentioned with dimensions, at this scale, if the vehicle is a fraction too short, a tool too long, well, they aren't going to fit right. In this case, I'm thinking the tools might be just a bit oversized. Ultimately, I got all of them to fit properly, positioned the mounting brackets and hold down straps. I also replaced the handles (inside and out) for the upper hatch doors. I'll need to work on the hinge system for one of them (as the other will be closed). I also added the small containers that mount to the side of each headlight guard. Still lots to do.

Examples of some of the earlier work.

February 14th, 2012, 4:15 pm #2

You are doing some really outstanding work on your M-8. Keep it up. Best wishes on y'all's O.D.O. event. I'm sure the B.R.A.G. boys will have a great time at your show. Best regards, Dave

February 16th, 2012, 12:04 am #3

Already setting my money aside.

February 19th, 2012, 11:19 am #4

That little Tamiya M-8 sure can be done up right. Very nice work Mark. You really put a lot into it! I am sure you will do well with it at shows. Nice!

Frank Blanton

"Fantasy Football,
Dungeons and Dragons for Jocks"