Tamiya JS-2 1:35 WIP

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Tamiya JS-2 1:35 WIP

April 14th, 2012, 7:16 pm #1

Hi chaps

Here's my latest. It's the Tamiya JS-2 in 1:35, Aber PE, Aber Barrel, Fruil tracks, MIG productions bedstead armour and MIG fuel tanks.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

April 14th, 2012, 7:42 pm #2

How many pics of it exist? Great job so far!
Very neat.

Cheers
Andrew

April 14th, 2012, 10:56 pm #3

Hi chaps

Here's my latest. It's the Tamiya JS-2 in 1:35, Aber PE, Aber Barrel, Fruil tracks, MIG productions bedstead armour and MIG fuel tanks.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
exceptional job! i was wondering when someone was gonna do this! great job so far!

April 15th, 2012, 2:07 pm #4

Hi chaps

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Good to see someone finally tackling this odd IS-2, nice work so far. Please keep us updated.

Theo

April 15th, 2012, 7:52 pm #5

Hi chaps

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Hi Jamie!

The vehicle is looking great.

Are you sure you don't have one or two track shoes to many in the track runs? The loose track tension looks a little excessive.

While dead track droops more that live track, the tension still needs to stay within limits other wise the vehicle will throw a track while turning.

My 2 cents,
Sgt, Scouts Out!

e-mail: remove the .xxx

April 16th, 2012, 5:59 pm #6

Hi chaps

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Fantastic looking build ! love the detail you have added.

I think possibly you have the wrong tracks on....
I believe they should be Friul # ATL 54s...they
are basically the same as the Kv ones you are using,but
they have a shoe with a guide horn only on every other track.

Excellent build and workmanship though !

regards,
william

April 20th, 2012, 4:10 pm #7

There are plenty of pics from WWII showing seemingly ridiculous sag on IS series vehicles (ironically one I plan to build has near zero sag so what do you know, but anyway...)

Re the track type, IS-2s can be seen with tracks having a tooth on every link

They can also be seen with mixtures of the two (unless a LOT of guide teeth snapped off!)

This is obviously a particular tank - if I recall the pic is from above and behind right, so track type and sag are obscured

Basically unless Neil Stokes or Scott Fraser on here says it's wrong, I'd reckon your depiction is very plausible

Looks nice too!

Nick
Regards,

Nicholas