Tamiya Group Build anyone?

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

April 23rd, 2012, 10:46 am #1

Gents,

Our latest GB finished some time ago and I am wondering if you guys would like to run an easy one just for the joy of modelling. Since past year I have been thinking time is to pay tribute to the crucial role Tamiya plays in the revival of the quarter scale and for that reason I think nothing better than a GB fully dedicated to Tamiya kits, not mention to the great expectation Tamiya is causing this year in the quarter scale comunity.

As I want to keep things simple and would love seeing some quick results, rules are as follows:

1> Any Tamiya 1/48th scale MMV series kit qualifies as a valid entry (please, don't say you cannot pick one you like it).
2> Deadline is August 31st. (don´t say you will not have time enough to even build a brand new Matilda)

Okay, that is all by my side and depending on how many of you join and knowing of the quallity builds often seen here I believe this can be a very enjoyable and memorable experience for all of us.... What do you guys think?

Lu

April 23rd, 2012, 11:09 am #2

but I don't have any more 1/48 scale kits... maybe I will find Stag with rockets or new Is or Matilda...

http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/

April 23rd, 2012, 11:44 am #3

Gents,

Our latest GB finished some time ago and I am wondering if you guys would like to run an easy one just for the joy of modelling. Since past year I have been thinking time is to pay tribute to the crucial role Tamiya plays in the revival of the quarter scale and for that reason I think nothing better than a GB fully dedicated to Tamiya kits, not mention to the great expectation Tamiya is causing this year in the quarter scale comunity.

As I want to keep things simple and would love seeing some quick results, rules are as follows:

1> Any Tamiya 1/48th scale MMV series kit qualifies as a valid entry (please, don't say you cannot pick one you like it).
2> Deadline is August 31st. (don´t say you will not have time enough to even build a brand new Matilda)

Okay, that is all by my side and depending on how many of you join and knowing of the quallity builds often seen here I believe this can be a very enjoyable and memorable experience for all of us.... What do you guys think?

Lu
G'day Lu
Count me in, now to decide on what to build!
Regards.
Alan.

April 23rd, 2012, 4:19 pm #4

Gents,

Lu
Hi all;

I already spoke with Lu about this, and I love his idea. I think Tamiya has enough choices for anyone out there to find something they like, I already know what my build will be.....I am thinking Soviet.

Pipe up Lads, a good Group Build is loads of fun.

Cheers, Pat

April 23rd, 2012, 5:52 pm #5

Gents,

Lu
...don't know what to do yet, but there are plenty of things to do I guess.
Later guys!
Sven

April 23rd, 2012, 8:35 pm #6

Gents,

Lu
Hi all what a great idea, I would like to take part in this GB. Just need to decide what to do!

April 23rd, 2012, 9:23 pm #7

but I don't have any more 1/48 scale kits... maybe I will find Stag with rockets or new Is or Matilda...

http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/
i have no modelling activity for a long time... i'll try to finish this GB...

cheers,
murat

April 23rd, 2012, 9:24 pm #8

Gents,

Lu
Hi!

I´m in with a tiny wheeled bathhub. Schwimminwagen!

Regards!
Alvaro

April 23rd, 2012, 10:20 pm #9

Hi Lu, would a converted Tamiya base model qualify for the GB?

Best

Paul?

April 24th, 2012, 4:37 am #10

Gents,

Lu
If anyone could give me some ideas of a nice simple Tamiya kit to build, as a starting point, then I would like to join.

Why is it, all my 1/48th scale stuff ain't made by Tamiya.....

I quite like the idea of doing something Allied, maybe an M10 or a Firefly.

Jon