Tamiya GB --> JS-2 Vol.1

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Tamiya GB --> JS-2 Vol.1

May 1st, 2012, 9:02 am #1

Gents,

I have a few more shelf queens I might be able to complete if life permits because Pat is very correct and we have time until late august to finish a couple of Tamiya kits perhaps.

After seeing Murat's and Pat's builds, I cannot hold myself to join our little Stalin-Mania here I suspect others might follow soon because the new Tamiya JS-2 can be a popular subject. Well, on one hand, Murat worked hard to decrease (!!!) kit parts drastically by removing fenders, on the other hand, Pat worked hard to increase (!!!) kit parts dramatically with all those tiny details he added but me... just worked minimun to customice my model. No doubt I am laziest JS-2 modeller by now. .

Regarding my build just two brief notes. First, most my effort went on correcting track sagging a bit simply to get a different image of a JS2 compared to the usual heavily sagged track tanks. Well I guess that is a detail hard to notice but we -modellers- tend to spend our working time on many things no one realice after all. . Second, after building the Die-Cast Hobby Master JS-2 some years ago now I can feel the difference. The Hobby Master thing is not bad actually, but the Tamiya jewel is much superior logically.

Anyone else joining the Stalin-Mania? Hopefully we will have some other guys to enjoy different finishing styles which is always educative.

Thanks for looking.
Lu

May 1st, 2012, 9:17 am #2

May 1st, 2012, 12:03 pm #3

Gents,

I have a few more shelf queens I might be able to complete if life permits because Pat is very correct and we have time until late august to finish a couple of Tamiya kits perhaps.

After seeing Murat's and Pat's builds, I cannot hold myself to join our little Stalin-Mania here I suspect others might follow soon because the new Tamiya JS-2 can be a popular subject. Well, on one hand, Murat worked hard to decrease (!!!) kit parts drastically by removing fenders, on the other hand, Pat worked hard to increase (!!!) kit parts dramatically with all those tiny details he added but me... just worked minimun to customice my model. No doubt I am laziest JS-2 modeller by now. .

Regarding my build just two brief notes. First, most my effort went on correcting track sagging a bit simply to get a different image of a JS2 compared to the usual heavily sagged track tanks. Well I guess that is a detail hard to notice but we -modellers- tend to spend our working time on many things no one realice after all. . Second, after building the Die-Cast Hobby Master JS-2 some years ago now I can feel the difference. The Hobby Master thing is not bad actually, but the Tamiya jewel is much superior logically.

Anyone else joining the Stalin-Mania? Hopefully we will have some other guys to enjoy different finishing styles which is always educative.

Thanks for looking.
Lu

May 1st, 2012, 12:12 pm #4

Gents,

Thanks for looking.
Lu

that ... two models, huy will not have a fever or you find wrong ..
I'm glad you return to the fray with the big green giant.

Xavier

que... dos modelos, huy no tendras fiebre o te encontraras mal..
me alegra que vuelvas a la carga con el gran gigante verde.

May 1st, 2012, 1:57 pm #5

Gents,

Thanks for looking.
Lu

... JOJoJojoJoJoOoJOojoJJjOoOOOJJOjjOojo

Lu´s back!! ... great notice!!

May 2nd, 2012, 7:59 am #6

Thanks amigos.

May 2nd, 2012, 9:31 pm #7

Gents,

Thanks for looking.
Lu

Hi Lu, great to see that you are still building and a very suitable subject too
I am nano mm's away from pulling the trigger on a JSII and doing my very best to resist!

Looking forward to your future updates

Best

Paul

May 7th, 2012, 9:59 am #8

Paul,

Build the JS-2, build the JS-2, Build the JS-2... feel the pull of the dark side of the Tamiya Force...

Lu

May 7th, 2012, 6:48 pm #9

Gents,

Thanks for looking.
Lu

Nice build Lu!

I love this monster so nice.
What is your painting plane?
peter