Tamiya GB: JS-2 straggler (part 2)

May 19th, 2012, 12:51 am #1

Lu: thanks for opening the gate; and thanks for the previous comments Gents. Looking forward to leaning lots here.
Kit decals on, and some oils added to the engine deck area and running gear...

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I filled the knockout pin marks on the outside of the lower track runs... and then glued the tracks onto the wrong sides of the hull. Brilliant!

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Wasn't sure how the kit decals would go, so I cut the carrier film away from the "113" and applied each number separately. Tamiya's 48th scale armour kit decals seem to work much better than some of the aircraft kit decals.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Time to glue the deck to the hull...

Thanks for looking. All comments most welcome. Cheers, Ralph.

Nice oil washes. Congrats on the finish. nt

May 19th, 2012, 4:29 am #2

Last in first out!

May 19th, 2012, 8:13 am #3

Lu: thanks for opening the gate; and thanks for the previous comments Gents. Looking forward to leaning lots here.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
I filled the knockout pin marks on the outside of the lower track runs... and then glued the tracks onto the wrong sides of the hull. Brilliant!

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Wasn't sure how the kit decals would go, so I cut the carrier film away from the "113" and applied each number separately. Tamiya's 48th scale armour kit decals seem to work much better than some of the aircraft kit decals.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Ralph,

Someone with the good taste to make a polish JS finally! You gained me with this one sure and no doubt at this pace you are wining the Stalin race here too. The model looks very nice at the moment.

Keep us posted, please.

Lu

http://www.onefortyeight.com

Beautifull paint job!!

May 19th, 2012, 8:51 am #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

http://maquetteclubniortais.free.fr/

Looking good.

May 19th, 2012, 12:58 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Nice oil job. I really like the effect on the wheels relief.
Sorry for the pin marks affair. That kind of things happen to me all the time also. LOL

Q

http://dqscaleworks.blogspot.com/

Ha, ha, ha... :)

May 19th, 2012, 2:02 pm #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Hi Ralph!

It´s funny to read your issue with the pin marks. I´m almost sure that when we see an amazing model we don´t use to ask ourselves about silly mistakes or accidents occured during the assembly or painting.

In other words, if you are modeller and you are reading this and you never make a mistake while modelling, please raise your hand!

-I bet everyone has both hands down!-

Good work on that steel monster!

Regards!
Alvaro

May 19th, 2012, 3:43 pm #7

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

That's a great finish, especially the bare metal on the tracks and drive sprockets. Almost makes me want to build something other than British/Commonwealth!!!

Regards,

John.

Just for historic correctness

May 20th, 2012, 1:07 am #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Polish JS-2 from 4 heavy tank regiment (marked with eagle in rhomboid) had tactical numbers by the end of war as follows :
#400 (regiment commander Mikolaj Janczelenko)
1 company
#410 (commander: Wasal Riabcew)
2 company
#420 (commander: Mikolaj Pawlenko)
3 company
#430 (commander: Grzegorz Bubryn)
4 company
#440 (commander ?)

Earlier (before 1st March 1945) tanks from that regiment had four digits tactical number: the same as above but with additional "0" on the end e.g. 420 was earlier 4200 etc.
Last edited by Marek Jaszczołt on June 27th, 2012, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Marek...

May 20th, 2012, 8:04 am #9

Hello Marek: many thanks for the useful information. I wonder whether Tamiya had the decal sheet misprinted, as the other Polish option does have the "4xx" numbers. Cheers, Ralph.

Thanks Gentlemen: interest and comments much appreciated. Cheers, Ralph (n/t).

May 20th, 2012, 8:04 am #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Thanks Gentlemen: interest and comments much appreciated. Cheers, Ralph (n/t).