Tamiya GB: JS-2 straggler Done,,,

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Tamiya GB: JS-2 straggler Done,,,

June 13th, 2012, 10:01 am #1

Well this one's had more lives than some cats. Correct brigade decal applied over the mistake, and engine deck reworked as suggested. I hope the pics look ok on your screen...

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Very many thanks for all of your helpful and constructive comments - really made deciding to join a new forum very worthwhile. Special thanks to Russell H for the kit, and to nzdavidh for the local encouragement - cheers guys - this one won't be headed for the Swanbank landfill after all!

Thanks for looking in. Cheers, Ralph.

June 13th, 2012, 11:50 am #2

Looks superb. Not much point in posting my pics here, but here's three I took with Helicon Focus I like:

Might have overcooked this, but I still like the image

David's Model Pages

David's Model Pages on Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/modelscale

June 13th, 2012, 1:40 pm #3

Well this one's had more lives than some cats. Correct brigade decal applied over the mistake, and engine deck reworked as suggested. I hope the pics look ok on your screen...

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Very many thanks for all of your helpful and constructive comments - really made deciding to join a new forum very worthwhile. Special thanks to Russell H for the kit, and to nzdavidh for the local encouragement - cheers guys - this one won't be headed for the Swanbank landfill after all!

interesting appraoch with a unique finish. Congrats
Sven

June 13th, 2012, 3:58 pm #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

To use a polite version of a British saying, "That's the poodles privates". I love the finish, the weathering is superb. What's next?

Regards,

John.

June 13th, 2012, 6:33 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I like the corrections you've made. Though, to me the model itself was well executed before. I also like your base.
Good work and nice addition to the GB

Yours,
Shon

June 13th, 2012, 7:57 pm #6

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Regards
Archy

June 14th, 2012, 8:13 am #7

To use a polite version of a British saying, "That's the poodles privates". I love the finish, the weathering is superb. What's next?

Regards,

John.
Hello John: will have a go at the Sherman Firefly with the Legend stowage set. Cheers, Ralph.

June 14th, 2012, 8:15 am #8

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Many thanks Gents - much appreciated. Cheers, Ralph (n/t).

June 14th, 2012, 10:00 am #9

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

BRILLIANT!

June 14th, 2012, 1:21 pm #10

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I particulary love the color richness of the different surfaces. An excellent work!