Tamiya GB ---> Jagdpanther extravaganza (II). Ready to paint.

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Tamiya GB ---> Jagdpanther extravaganza (II). Ready to paint.

May 24th, 2012, 12:34 pm #1

Hi again, some advance in the holed Jagd.

After the assembly I gave some texture to the hull with the "Tamiya cement technique". I used cleaner for PVC pipes instead of Tamiya Thin because is a little stronger and dries faster. And it is cheaper, free indeed because I took it from a friend. :P
After that I sanded the surface, of course, with a 1000 grain sandpaper or so.
I don´t know if this texture is useful at this scale but I wanted to try.

The detailing is made with spare PE pieces, styrene and some copper wire. The usual stuff.

The idea is that some time after the Jagd was knocked the local villagers were taking everything useful (or not so) as a souvenir.
That is a nice excuse to avoid painting the tools, fire extinguisher, jack, spare tracks, etc.
Of course, the bad news was that I had to detail the empty clasps and cramps.

This Jagd is intended to be a late version (spring 1945) so the tools location is different from the Tamiya kit. Yes, I know, those tool boxes are too intact.

The Achtung Panzer #4 has really nice drawings with the differences of the Jagdpanther variants depending on the fabrication date. It was really helpful.

To move the wheels suspension I took the easy way.

And thus...ready to paint!

Q

I´m not an AFV expert, if you see something wrong... please shout it out!

http://dqscaleworks.blogspot.com/

May 24th, 2012, 12:41 pm #2

this is simply outstanding! Love the build and I am sure the painting will be extraordinary.

http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/

May 24th, 2012, 1:03 pm #3

After the assembly I gave some texture to the hull with the "Tamiya cement technique". I used cleaner for PVC pipes instead of Tamiya Thin because is a little stronger and dries faster. And it is cheaper, free indeed because I took it from a friend. :P

The detailing is made with spare PE pieces, styrene and some copper wire. The usual stuff.

The idea is that some time after the Jagd was knocked the local villagers were taking everything useful (or not so) as a souvenir.
That is a nice excuse to avoid painting the tools, fire extinguisher, jack, spare tracks, etc.

This Jagd is intended to be a late version (spring 1945) so the tools location is different from the Tamiya kit. Yes, I know, those tool boxes are too intact.

The Achtung Panzer #4 has really nice drawings with the differences of the Jagdpanther variants depending on the fabrication date. It was really helpful.

Q

Hi Q!

Outstanding homemade detailing and improvements!

Looking forward to see it painted soon!

Regards!
Alvaro

May 24th, 2012, 1:33 pm #4

Q

Just wonderful ......................................

... hat off!!

May 24th, 2012, 3:58 pm #5

Q

Thanks for sharing
Sven

May 24th, 2012, 6:29 pm #6

Q

Amazing work, please go on, we are enjoying

Javier

May 25th, 2012, 4:57 am #7

Q

You have done a very nice job on the finer details ,much better than on my one.Keep up the high standard on the paint job and we should see a real head turner .Have fun wayne

May 25th, 2012, 6:49 am #8

Q

Hi Diego, lovely work, very well work detail, congrats.

Love it.

Domin

May 25th, 2012, 7:42 am #9

Q

this looks amazing! cannot wait until its finished! love the barrel...

May 25th, 2012, 7:54 am #10

Q

and wonderful detailing Diego

Best

Paul