Tamiya GB ---> Hetzer weathering

May 16th, 2012, 9:26 pm #1

Gentlemen,

Here is progress so far with the ninja turtle. This turned into quite the expensive little kit as I ended up having so much fun with it that I could not help but to visit every LHS in the area to scour their shelves for paints and supplies. In addition, I purchased a compressor and went to michaels a few times and even ended up with a giant box of plaster of paris for the mud effects..

Luckily I will be moving to the area I am currently in very shortly and have arranged to have all these new items (99% duplicates of stuff I have at home...can never have too much paints, right?) stored here temporarily. I am sure TSA would have loved solvents, paints, a compressor and a bunch of other crap in my checked bag...

Some detail items remain to be picked out and painted. I plan on adding some stowage (helmets etc) to break up the overall color schemes of yellows and browns. Apologies for the outdoors pictures. I had a very hard time managing to photograph this thing with the very limited light sources in the hotel.

As I will be quite busy over the next couple of weeks I will have a very limited time available to continue on this model or any other for that matter. My hopes however are that towards the tail end of the GB timeline I will have finished this guy, and hopefully that JS 2 you guys saw in the background in my initial post. By then I will have a little photo booth set up as well and perhaps I may have the privilege to share with you all some decent photos of my stuff for a change

I want to say thank you to all fellow modellers that have contributed to the GB so far. Some fantastic stuff that has been very inspiring. I wish I had time to respond to each and every one of the the great models I see here.

Lastly ( I know you are thinking.., shut up and show me the pictures already..) If anyone is from the South Florida or ideally Miami proper area and has the low down on the modeling community around here, let me know!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you,
Charles

Modelling express! :)

May 16th, 2012, 9:50 pm #2

Hi Charles!

That´s a speedy turtle!

You are my hero! I can´t believe what you have done while on the move. You have no limits!

Regards!
Alvaro Rodriguez

Turbo nija turtle....

May 17th, 2012, 8:19 am #3

Gentlemen,

Here is progress so far with the ninja turtle. This turned into quite the expensive little kit as I ended up having so much fun with it that I could not help but to visit every LHS in the area to scour their shelves for paints and supplies. In addition, I purchased a compressor and went to michaels a few times and even ended up with a giant box of plaster of paris for the mud effects..

Luckily I will be moving to the area I am currently in very shortly and have arranged to have all these new items (99% duplicates of stuff I have at home...can never have too much paints, right?) stored here temporarily. I am sure TSA would have loved solvents, paints, a compressor and a bunch of other crap in my checked bag...

Some detail items remain to be picked out and painted. I plan on adding some stowage (helmets etc) to break up the overall color schemes of yellows and browns. Apologies for the outdoors pictures. I had a very hard time managing to photograph this thing with the very limited light sources in the hotel.

As I will be quite busy over the next couple of weeks I will have a very limited time available to continue on this model or any other for that matter. My hopes however are that towards the tail end of the GB timeline I will have finished this guy, and hopefully that JS 2 you guys saw in the background in my initial post. By then I will have a little photo booth set up as well and perhaps I may have the privilege to share with you all some decent photos of my stuff for a change

I want to say thank you to all fellow modellers that have contributed to the GB so far. Some fantastic stuff that has been very inspiring. I wish I had time to respond to each and every one of the the great models I see here.

Lastly ( I know you are thinking.., shut up and show me the pictures already..) If anyone is from the South Florida or ideally Miami proper area and has the low down on the modeling community around here, let me know!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you,
Charles

Charles,

Ahhh... good to know the turtle is not finished yet, because I would say it is already.

Good work, specially after knowing a bit of your extreme modelling conditions. Hats off to you for the bveautiful model and for leading the Tamiya GB. We follow you!

Lu

http://www.onefortyeight.com

May 17th, 2012, 9:58 am #4

Gentlemen,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you,
Charles

Great finish and beautiful weathering!

Nice weathering effects on that spiffy camo. nt

May 17th, 2012, 2:05 pm #5

Gentlemen,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you,
Charles

many thanks!

May 17th, 2012, 4:17 pm #6

Thank you all very much for your kind words. Like i said before this DG has some amazing talent and i learn from every model i see here.

Where ever I park my Panzerjager....

May 17th, 2012, 9:16 pm #7

Gentlemen,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you,
Charles

thats my home.... or so the song should go

Great work Charles

Best

Paul

Nice weathering indeed.

May 18th, 2012, 9:55 am #8

Gentlemen,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you,
Charles

Love those wheels!
Regards, Charles.

Q

http://dqscaleworks.blogspot.com/

May 18th, 2012, 4:10 pm #9

Gentlemen,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thank you,
Charles

Hi Chaz,

You have it almost done!!

I like the contrast of the weathering over the yellow paint.

Best,
Jose