Tamiya GB; Crusader lll (WiP).

Hosted by Luciano Rodriguez and Pat Johnston, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/48 scale AFV, vehicle and figure modelling.

Tamiya GB; Crusader lll (WiP).

May 18th, 2012, 7:48 pm #1

Finally got it all together. Just a few details to go on after painting. So it'll be a couple of coats of SCC2 Brown this weekend.

Regards,

John.

May 18th, 2012, 9:55 pm #2

Hi Jonh:

As I have already said to Jose, good choice! Crusader rules!

It´s always nice to see some plasticard bits here and there. I like those much more than the p.e. sets, but that´s just IMHO, of course. I think it helps to have an unique model!

Looks like that, slowly, the Brits are comming! I wouldn´t be surprised to see a new Matilda in this GB at some point, BTW!

Regards!
Alvaro

May 19th, 2012, 4:22 am #3

Finally got it all together. Just a few details to go on after painting. So it'll be a couple of coats of SCC2 Brown this weekend.

Regards,

John.

May 19th, 2012, 8:16 am #4

Regards,

John.

John,

The crusader looks very nice with those new sand shields and I am very curious to see her painted in SCC2 brown too.

Good work amigo.

Lu

http://www.onefortyeight.com

May 19th, 2012, 3:47 pm #5

Regards,

John.

Actually, I did have a set of sand shields for this model, but I sold them, thinking that I wouldn't need them. Glad I did really, as I got more enjoyment out of making them from scratch.
Thanks for the comments.

Regards,

John.

May 20th, 2012, 10:46 am #6

Regards,

John.

I like your work very much, especially those scratchbuild details!
A few months ago I built the same model with similar details and painting scheme.
You can see it in one on my topics. Hope it might be helpful.

Regards

Dominik