Tamiya GB --> #1 - Plastic surgery

May 21st, 2012, 7:35 pm #1

Hi!

I´m sorry because I have no Tamiya kit to share here yet but, anyway, here you got:

This charm guy is going to be the proud owner of a lightened weight Schwimmwagen, under the new management of the 392nd Figther Sqn, (367th FG, 9th AF), France, summer, 1944.

The figure is a pilot included in an -once more- quite useful ICM set of pilots and mechanics. Now from the USAAF.

I replaced both arms, shaving them off from a (one piece) german mechanic. I replaced shoes as well.

About the head, the figure set include two different pilot heads but I decided to use another taken from a german figure with better face details.

Then, I deleted some of the wehrmacht schiffen details with the help of the modelling knife and files and used Tamiya epoxy putty to restore them as in the USAAF headgear. To complete him, I used Kneadatite putty to make the hair.

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro

Brilliant Work Squared

May 22nd, 2012, 5:37 am #2

Great work on the figure conversion - the hair - that is the extra mile that makes this figure a standout.

Cheers!

Konrad

Love this Alvaro

May 22nd, 2012, 10:43 am #3

Hi!

I´m sorry because I have no Tamiya kit to share here yet but, anyway, here you got:

This charm guy is going to be the proud owner of a lightened weight Schwimmwagen, under the new management of the 392nd Figther Sqn, (367th FG, 9th AF), France, summer, 1944.

The figure is a pilot included in an -once more- quite useful ICM set of pilots and mechanics. Now from the USAAF.

I replaced both arms, shaving them off from a (one piece) german mechanic. I replaced shoes as well.

About the head, the figure set include two different pilot heads but I decided to use another taken from a german figure with better face details.

Then, I deleted some of the wehrmacht schiffen details with the help of the modelling knife and files and used Tamiya epoxy putty to restore them as in the USAAF headgear. To complete him, I used Kneadatite putty to make the hair.

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro
Love your work here Alvaro, I can't wait to see him painted!
Cheers.
Alan

Beautiful figure, bro... N/T

May 22nd, 2012, 12:46 pm #4

Hi!

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro

Lu

http://www.onefortyeight.com

Awesome figgy.

May 22nd, 2012, 3:05 pm #5

Hi!

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro
While I think that an adult 48th figure is not a real challenge for your skills. You should try to model a child figure, one of those kids that enjoy to play on top of a destroyed Jagdpanther, for example.
Just an observation...

Q

http://dqscaleworks.blogspot.com/

Thank you! :)

May 22nd, 2012, 8:36 pm #6

Hi!

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro
Hi!

I´m not going to start painting him until the Schwimm won´t be completely assembled but I hope to share here how it goes soon!

Again, thank you!

Regards!
Alvaro

PS:

To Konrad: well, the head I used had an above the average hair detail. But to use putty to remake the hair, adding a finer texture, help a lot to paint it. In fact, it is one of the easiest ways to improve any figure like this!

To Diego: You are evil! You know better than me that I always would be pleased and honoured to help you in any of your stunning modelling projects but, sorry, no deal! A child figure is too much for me!!!

Very nice detail

May 23rd, 2012, 6:08 pm #7

Hi!

I hope you like it!

Regards!
Alvaro
In that fig! I didnt know that the ICM figures are that good. I will have to chek them....