TAMIYA announced 1/35 SIMCA 5.

Hosted by John Prigent and Steve Zaloga, this is a discussion group dedicated to the armoured forces of the many Allied nations of the Second World War.

TAMIYA announced 1/35 SIMCA 5.

July 26th, 2012, 1:38 pm #1

TAMIYA will release 1/35 scale SIMCA 5 in autumn.
The test kit (product prototype - test shot molding) has been sold at the event in Tokyo. And I got this one today.

Several images were put below link.
(All images in this page is copyright-free. News sites can be used to copy an image.)

http://homepage1.nifty.com/gizmo-cafe/c ... d1207.html

Note : Since it is a test kit, and they may have different product version.

Sorry my double post to Allied and Axis DG.

Please share.
Satoshi Seita

July 26th, 2012, 2:20 pm #2

This is nice but the ford staff car is something I would like to see thhey have one in 48th scale already.

July 26th, 2012, 4:07 pm #3

But the Simca would make a nice model showing models of Hitler, Goring, Gobbels, Whittmann and Pieper getting out at the same time!

July 26th, 2012, 4:12 pm #4

I don't know about the "staff car" nomenclature? Maybe "Unit Clerk Car" would have been a better name.

"Heinz! Forget the Simca get the GAZ gassed and ready to roll!"

July 26th, 2012, 8:51 pm #5

TAMIYA will release 1/35 scale SIMCA 5 in autumn.
The test kit (product prototype - test shot molding) has been sold at the event in Tokyo. And I got this one today.

Several images were put below link.
(All images in this page is copyright-free. News sites can be used to copy an image.)

http://homepage1.nifty.com/gizmo-cafe/c ... d1207.html

Note : Since it is a test kit, and they may have different product version.

Sorry my double post to Allied and Axis DG.

Please share.
Satoshi Seita
Looks like a Fiat Topolino to me.

Given the number of Allied staff cars/support vehicles that are not offered by kit makers one has to wonder at how Tamiya arrived at the decision to produce this.

Regards Dave

July 26th, 2012, 8:56 pm #6

That it is German? Sometimes one wonders who the Germans were actually fighting?!

Cheers
Kevin

July 26th, 2012, 9:49 pm #7

...but they started as a Fiat subsidiary, hence the 5CV was essentially a badge engineered Topolino.

July 26th, 2012, 11:55 pm #8

This is nice but the ford staff car is something I would like to see thhey have one in 48th scale already.
is copyright infringement. I'm no expert but does a model of a car/truck need licensing from the original manufacturer? Maybe the model companies don't want to pay licensing fees or get sued if they don't. Anyone know if this is a rodblock for model kit makers? Could this be the reason they keep making kits of vehicles from companies that are out of business? Or what about the model car kits, do they need licensing? I'm just curious about this.

July 27th, 2012, 4:28 am #9

Im not sure about that angle of copyright, but I was told a few years ago (so it could be a myth) that the RAF had tried to get Tamiya to pay a fee for using the RAF roundels on their decal sheets! The result, according to my "source", was Tamiya 1 RAF 0! (Back to work now, 07:29AM, and R&R starts in 16 days - yahoo!)
Last edited by 3RTR on July 27th, 2012, 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 27th, 2012, 5:55 am #10

...but they started as a Fiat subsidiary, hence the 5CV was essentially a badge engineered Topolino.

I meant the fact that it was used by the Germans. Hence a reason to make another non Allied kit!

Cheers
Kevin