Tamiya AMX 13

May 15th, 2017, 5:12 pm #1

Here is my try at this really easy to build model.
I just modified the gun elevation as it was too high to my taste and added mesh grilles where Tamiya omitted to give them. I also put some bits of plastic card to figure the vision blocks glasses.
As I wanted a quick build I even used the vinyl tracks

I tried to depict it in the chalky environment of the French training camps of Champagne.

Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr/gb_version/index.htm

Nice work!!!

May 15th, 2017, 7:05 pm #2

Nice work!!!

Very nice!

May 16th, 2017, 2:26 pm #3

I just modified the gun elevation as it was too high to my taste and added mesh grilles where Tamiya omitted to give them. I also put some bits of plastic card to figure the vision blocks glasses.

I tried to depict it in the chalky environment of the French training camps of Champagne.

Definitively a great work!

Hello Olivier..

May 17th, 2017, 9:47 am #4

Very fine work on this model, great result. The AMX-13 is a build I would like to do one day, and I have been debating whether to get the Tamiya or one of the Takom kits. The Tamiya one looks great! Inspiring

Thanks for the comments

May 17th, 2017, 9:58 am #5

Thank you all for the comments.
Sven, the Tamiya kit is a good one, not perfect nor fully accurate but when I see what you can do with an engine bay, I'm certain you'll get an awesome model from it.
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr/gb_version/index.htm

Thanks..

May 17th, 2017, 10:44 am #6

for your faith in me Olivier

The Tamiya kit is definitely a candidate for my next purchase, all thanks to you