Talking about Cromwell's 1/72nd

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Talking about Cromwell's 1/72nd

July 11th, 2011, 2:46 pm #1

As once again I'm everyone's favourite manufacturer
I hope you don't mind If I let you see some of my latest efforts.
Canadian Leopard C-2 Mexas Afghanistan
British Fv432 Bulldog 'Ned Kelly' Iraq
Many thanks for looking, Gordon.

July 11th, 2011, 7:37 pm #2

Thanks

Alex

July 11th, 2011, 9:41 pm #3

...how does one go about getting one??
"Never forget your weapons are made by the lowest bidder!?"
G = Graham.

July 13th, 2011, 5:19 am #4

First of all I would like to apologize for using this forum to get in touch with Cromwell models. Unfortunately it seems to be the only way to get a response from Gordon.

Gordon,

It's been over a year since I sent my order and my credit card was charged. After a lot of emails to at least two different email addresses and something like six months I did get a response from you Gordon, saying you would look into the matter and send me a replacement for the kits I have paid for but never received. At the time I thought "well things can go wrong, at least now that Gordon is aware of the problem, something will be done." Can you guess what happened since then? Nothing, and all my next emails seem to have gone down some black hole too.

I've reached a point where every time I see a new kit from Cromwell posted I wonder "What is the point of advertising this terrific model since there is no reliable way of getting one?"

I am sorry if I sound bitter and negative, but that is pretty much how I feel every time I see a post by Cromwell and remember that a year ago I sent an order and paid for kits which I never received and also never got an answer to my many emails.

Fyll
Last edited by torpy1 on July 13th, 2011, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 13th, 2011, 6:09 pm #5

even the moderator is using the forum to try to reach Gordon.

And that being said, I agree with you. There's no reliable way to acquire any of these models, as much as I would love to.

xPLAN303Ex: The portrait of the artist I am not.
http://xplan303ex.wordpress.com

July 14th, 2011, 3:21 am #6

when you have a factory of resin modells dont have much time to send the goods.
But he have very bad reputation with this, in Argentina i now some guys what never seen the goods and this is very old guys and dont use much internet.
I have one discussion with him when he want announce a Vk 501 ammunition carrier how to "apc kaetzchen", if you considerated with this guy sell some models with commercial names only for sell.. when you have a difficult guy.
I understand the work he do but... the reputation in this enterprise is complicated.. yours models is excelents but the sell sevice is really bad.

cheers.

July 14th, 2011, 7:56 am #7

Glad you`r still in business Gordon. This means you can still ship the Mastiff kit I payed you for at Euro 2009
Very nice kits by the way, if there was a relieable way of getting the Mexas, I would immediately get it...

regards

Stefan

July 14th, 2011, 7:58 am #8

First of all I would like to apologize for using this forum to get in touch with Cromwell models. Unfortunately it seems to be the only way to get a response from Gordon.

Gordon,

It's been over a year since I sent my order and my credit card was charged. After a lot of emails to at least two different email addresses and something like six months I did get a response from you Gordon, saying you would look into the matter and send me a replacement for the kits I have paid for but never received. At the time I thought "well things can go wrong, at least now that Gordon is aware of the problem, something will be done." Can you guess what happened since then? Nothing, and all my next emails seem to have gone down some black hole too.

I've reached a point where every time I see a new kit from Cromwell posted I wonder "What is the point of advertising this terrific model since there is no reliable way of getting one?"

I am sorry if I sound bitter and negative, but that is pretty much how I feel every time I see a post by Cromwell and remember that a year ago I sent an order and paid for kits which I never received and also never got an answer to my many emails.

Fyll
Thousands of kit arrive safely with no problems.
Fyll if you remember I came to you, I sent on replacement kits and
as I had not heard from you assumed you had received them ok.
I will mail you again,
Gordon.

July 14th, 2011, 8:11 am #9

Hello Gordon
I am glad that at least this channel of communication is still open, even though it is something of an abuse of the forum.
Indeed you did get back to me, as I mention above, but after that all my subsequent emails went unanswered. If you did send replacement kits they must have ended up at the same place as the first ones, i.e. not with me!
I will be very glad to give you any details you may require and believe me mate, if this matter is finally resolved and I get the kits, I will post it here and make sure everybody knows that I am finally a satisfied customer and I will give you full credit for all your efforts to resolve the mystery of the disappearing orders.

Fyll

July 14th, 2011, 11:54 am #10

when you have a factory of resin modells dont have much time to send the goods.
But he have very bad reputation with this, in Argentina i now some guys what never seen the goods and this is very old guys and dont use much internet.
I have one discussion with him when he want announce a Vk 501 ammunition carrier how to "apc kaetzchen", if you considerated with this guy sell some models with commercial names only for sell.. when you have a difficult guy.
I understand the work he do but... the reputation in this enterprise is complicated.. yours models is excelents but the sell sevice is really bad.

cheers.
Oh yes, I can just imagine the towers of Cromwell Heavy Industries must dominate the local skyline.....Get real FFS!

Read the Cromwell ordering instructions, follow them, receive your kits.....It's really that simple, or it has been for me!

Some of the posts made on this forum of late have been disgraceful! Words like 'fraud' should not be bandied about so lightly.....Frankly if you can't cope with the difficulties that sometimes arise when ordering from small producers, then you shouldn't be ordering from them!

All the best

Andy Smith
Worcester, UK
обезьяны собираются к звездам