Taking the Scenic Route - Finished

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Taking the Scenic Route - Finished

March 23rd, 2012, 8:38 pm #1

Hi everyone!

Finally I've decided that my 1/72 scale diorama "Taking the Scenic Route" is finished.
I could keep on adding details but then I fear that it will never be done and I would
probably grow many more grey hairs than I already have while doing it. Details is not
the important thing with this one, I have focused more on the composition and colours
instead and also to bring life into my home made figures which has been like a project
within the project.

So here it is, hope you all like it!

Cheers

Sven-Åke

Oh, I've just been told that it will appear in a coming issue of Military Modelcraft International!

Last edited by Esseaux on March 24th, 2012, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 23rd, 2012, 9:42 pm #2

Great Sven,
It's a pleasure watching this scene.
Cheers,
Paolo

March 23rd, 2012, 9:54 pm #3

Great job Sven-Åke!
Will this one join us for Moson?

Desert-Erik
Sweden

CU@C4

March 23rd, 2012, 10:00 pm #4

Great Sven,
It's a pleasure watching this scene.
Cheers,
Paolo
I'm very glad that you like my little scene!

It's been so much fun to do it and now when it's done, I feel very tired but pleased.

Cheers

Sven-Åke

March 23rd, 2012, 10:04 pm #5

Great job Sven-Åke!

Desert-Erik
Sweden

CU@C4
Glad you like my little diorama!

I don't think it will go, I have no good solution for transporting it
so it will probably just be my regular sized stuff that will travel to
Moson unless I have some bright idea at the very last moment...

Cheers

Sven-Åke

March 23rd, 2012, 10:05 pm #6

Great job Sven-Åke!

Desert-Erik
Sweden

CU@C4
Sorry...
Last edited by Esseaux on March 23rd, 2012, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 23rd, 2012, 10:30 pm #7

Hi everyone!

Finally I've decided that my 1/72 scale diorama "Taking the Scenic Route" is finished.
I could keep on adding details but then I fear that it will never be done and I would
probably grow many more grey hairs than I already have while doing it. Details is not
the important thing with this one, I have focused more on the composition and colours
instead and also to bring life into my home made figures which has been like a project
within the project.

Cheers

Sven-Åke

Oh, I've just been told that it will appear in a coming issue of Military Modelcraft International!

Hi Sven,
That is indeed a first class diorama, excellent modelling skills make it hard to believe that it is all in 1/72 scale.
Superb!

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andyksmodelblog.blogspot.com/

March 24th, 2012, 12:20 am #8

Hi everyone!

within the project.

Cheers

Sven-Åke

great composition! i love the layout...everything points in a direction...nice job on the figs!

March 24th, 2012, 1:38 am #9

Hi everyone!

within the project.

Cheers

Sven-Åke

That is truly remarkable. I like everything about it, but especially the figures... great story telling

David's Model Pages

David's Model Pages on Facebook -https://www.facebook.com/modelscale

March 24th, 2012, 4:12 am #10

Hi everyone!

within the project.

Cheers

Sven-Åke

.. But I find the greatest pleasure in saying it again.

Superb, Sven-Åke. It has been a priveledge to follow this build here and on IPMS Stockholm. You have raised the bar again regarding what is possible in this scale, and basically knock the socks off many creations I have seen in 1/35.

I keep saying it, I really need to get into figures (in 1/35 of course). One day.....
Last edited by young_sven on March 24th, 2012, 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.