Take a look, Mr. Littlefields Collection

Hosted by Al Bowie and Brett Green, the General AFV Modelling discussion group covers any general military modelling topic including industry news and announcements.

Take a look, Mr. Littlefields Collection

November 1st, 2011, 8:59 pm #1

Hey all,

this October my girlfriend and I visited the (amazing) collection of Mr. Littlefield in Portola Valley, CA. Chris Hughes was so kind and guided us through the whole collection. I was amazed by the size and atmosphere in those halls. If you ever happen to be in that area, stop by and take the chance to see unique and well restored military vehicles, guns, ammo etc. Thanks again from Austria, I will never forget those hours!

Here a selection of the pictures I took, I have a lot more, but this will give you an overview about the quality of the collection. Hey Chris, you still have the video with me rotating the ZSU AA gun?? :-D

Have fun with the pics guys, here we go:

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

One of my favourites^^

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Greetings to the military vehicle technology foundation and the voluntiers who help restoring and preserving the collection.

Andreas

November 1st, 2011, 9:20 pm #2

Hi
Firstly, thanks for posting the great pics !
2nd, it shows what can be done with a collection - using natural light, really ggo details can be seen - unlike various dingey collections in the UK !

BTW, the Wheatcroft collection is partially opened in the Donington car collection in Leicestershire.

Cheers
Andrew

November 2nd, 2011, 1:09 am #3

Hey all,

this October my girlfriend and I visited the (amazing) collection of Mr. Littlefield in Portola Valley, CA. Chris Hughes was so kind and guided us through the whole collection. I was amazed by the size and atmosphere in those halls. If you ever happen to be in that area, stop by and take the chance to see unique and well restored military vehicles, guns, ammo etc. Thanks again from Austria, I will never forget those hours!

Here a selection of the pictures I took, I have a lot more, but this will give you an overview about the quality of the collection. Hey Chris, you still have the video with me rotating the ZSU AA gun?? :-D

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

One of my favourites^^

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Greetings to the military vehicle technology foundation and the voluntiers who help restoring and preserving the collection.

Andreas
Thanks for the pic's, that is my dream garage!!
Shane

November 2nd, 2011, 2:50 pm #4

Hey all,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

One of my favourites^^

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Andreas
ANDREAS,

Thanx for sharing these Cool Pix !! I would love to head out there & check out th Littlefield Collection ! Good Job on taking th Pix !!

ERIK

WHAT DO YOU CALL THE ASSASSINS THAT ACCUSE THE ASSASSIN???

November 2nd, 2011, 3:24 pm #5

Hey all,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

One of my favourites^^

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Andreas
Hope to someday make it and I hope Chris makes the trip up to Fort Lewis when the Museums reopens next year!
Last edited by Warfrost on November 2nd, 2011, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 2nd, 2011, 8:04 pm #6

Hey all,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

One of my favourites^^

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Andreas
"Where does he get all those wonderful toys?"

November 3rd, 2011, 10:29 am #7

Many of these AFVs are featured in the "armor" walkaround section of svsm.org :

http://svsm.org/gallery/armor

HTH

H.P.

November 3rd, 2011, 11:16 am #8

Hey all,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

One of my favourites^^

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Andreas
great pic's. Mike

November 3rd, 2011, 2:06 pm #9

Hey all,

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

One of my favourites^^

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Andreas
Andreas,
It was good to meet another ML user. Nice pics! Did you receive the video?

Again, to all ML users, the MVTF (www.mvtf.org) is open for tours. Visit the website to schedule one or contact me directly and I'll get you set up with one. Just a reminder, we are still not set up for drop-ins. All visits must be scheduled due to the location. Just ask Andreas, Alex van Riezen or others who've been there. I can't always be the tour guide but will see what I can do based on my schedule.

Chris "toadman" Hughes
http://www.toadmanstankpictures.com
http://toadmanstankpictures.blogspot.com/
Volunteer docent, MVTF
http://www.mvtf.org

November 3rd, 2011, 3:01 pm #10

nt