T-90A - Tracks, can i use single pin type?

The Modern AFV discussion group is hosted by Erik Gustavsson and covers the variety of AFVs used by all nations in the post WWII era.

T-90A - Tracks, can i use single pin type?

August 17th, 2017, 12:28 pm #1

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I have just got my hands on the T-90A from Trumpeter and have decided the kit tracks look a little too much like hard work.

The kit came with a set of Mengs single pin type tracks, will these be ok to use as all Ican find are pictures of the type with the double pin/rubber block type tracks in use?

thank you.

Andy

August 17th, 2017, 1:51 pm #2

I have a set that came with the T-90A mine plow kit.I have yet to figure out how they will stay together on both sides when they are pinned on one side only.They do not interlock on the other side. Good luck.

August 18th, 2017, 6:09 am #3

I have just got my hands on the T-90A from Trumpeter and have decided the kit tracks look a little too much like hard work.

The kit came with a set of Mengs single pin type tracks, will these be ok to use as all Ican find are pictures of the type with the double pin/rubber block type tracks in use?

thank you.

Andy
Andy
i don't think you can use the single pin tracks for a T-90A. Those tracks were used on the first version of the T-90 but soon replaced by the side connector type.

BUT as often with Russian stuff, you could probably find the picture showing I'm wrong
Last edited by bison126 on August 18th, 2017, 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr/gb_version/index.htm

August 18th, 2017, 9:58 am #4

...for the response, I did think it would be the case the double pin type were the ones to use but thought I would ask.

regards

Andy

August 18th, 2017, 3:30 pm #5

thank you.

Andy
IIRC, the earlier single pin track has a different pitch, so at least you need a new teeth ring on the drive sprocket.

Thomas