T-72M1

Joined: June 11th, 2018, 9:25 am

June 12th, 2018, 7:39 am #1

This is my current project after few months pause from armor models, Tamiyas T-72M1. I used bits from Eduard pe sheet, RB Model gun barrel, Eureka tow cable, copper wire and stretched sprue for detailing, I know there are some errors in this kit but for me it looks like T-72 so it will do. I will make Czechoslovakian version, first I thought to do a Finnish one but it would reguire much more work, maybe later.
It is painted in Tamiya acrylics, olive drab+field grey for base, base+buff for cloud pattern to break up the base. Next some weathering.
IMG_20180611_161850.jpg
IMG_20180611_213004.jpg
IMG_20180611_213112.jpg
IMG_20180611_161850.jpg IMG_20180611_213004.jpg IMG_20180611_213112.jpg
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 11th, 2018, 9:25 am

June 12th, 2018, 4:35 pm #2

Today it looks like this after decals & first run of washes.
IMG_20180612_190831.jpg
IMG_20180612_190755.jpg
IMG_20180612_190827.jpg
IMG_20180612_190712.jpg
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 8:23 am

June 12th, 2018, 9:11 pm #3

Do you have any pictures of your model unpainted, I’d like to get an idea of what you did to it.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 11th, 2018, 9:25 am

June 13th, 2018, 3:46 am #4

Unfortunately no, only one in white base color.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 11th, 2018, 9:25 am

June 20th, 2018, 3:59 pm #5

Bit slow progress, after a couple drybrush runs & some faint fuel stains. Commander figure needs some attention too.
I found old Verlinden Modeling Magazine that has tips for weathering Olive drab vehicles, since nobody doesn't finish their models like that anymore, I decided to do so. Some dirt washes and pastel dust yet to apply.
IMG_20180620_164217.jpg
IMG_20180620_164301.jpg
IMG_20180620_164237.jpg
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: June 11th, 2018, 9:25 am

June 27th, 2018, 9:29 am #6

It's finished now.
IMG_20180626_162352.jpg
IMG_20180626_162101.jpg
IMG_20180626_162128.jpg
IMG_20180626_162550.jpg
IMG_20180626_161659.jpg
Quote
Like
Share