T-62, Finally finished!

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

T-62, Finally finished!

May 29th, 2012, 9:35 pm #1

This is a T-62, mod 1968, that was introduced several times in here. Turret of 62 model and engine deck of 72 model are applied on the tank, so I took them from trumpeter T-62¡¯s 62 and 72 model kits. I corrected some awkward parts on the turret then, did detail-up working and applied Friul tracks for it. Humbrol enamel was used for basic painting. Then I applied new released EASY MUD color ¡°Mideast desert¡± for basic weathering and applied EASY MUD ¡°Russian 2¡± and Standard middle to avoid boredom. For partly color change, oil paint raw umber and Wet Effecter were applied and finally I applied 4B pencil on edge parts for metal feelings. I¡¯m not sure this T-62 has got real feels on the field. Is it enough?
It was interesting works that¡¯s because I was born at 1968.

May 29th, 2012, 10:00 pm #2

The finish and weathering is really superb! The contrast between the heavily weathered hull and the turret in particular brings the single colour scheme to life. The small flecks of dust and dried mud on the gun barrel are a great touch too.

Best regards

Alex

May 29th, 2012, 10:14 pm #3

This is a T-62, mod 1968, that was introduced several times in here. Turret of 62 model and engine deck of 72 model are applied on the tank, so I took them from trumpeter T-62¡¯s 62 and 72 model kits. I corrected some awkward parts on the turret then, did detail-up working and applied Friul tracks for it. Humbrol enamel was used for basic painting. Then I applied new released EASY MUD color ¡°Mideast desert¡± for basic weathering and applied EASY MUD ¡°Russian 2¡± and Standard middle to avoid boredom. For partly color change, oil paint raw umber and Wet Effecter were applied and finally I applied 4B pencil on edge parts for metal feelings. I¡¯m not sure this T-62 has got real feels on the field. Is it enough?

Love it...Looks great....Well done...

http://battletankpower.blogspot.com/

May 29th, 2012, 11:15 pm #4

i love the finish on this! i need to get easy mud! you did such a wonderful job on the finish! one of the best dirty tanks out there!

May 30th, 2012, 6:56 am #5

The finish and weathering is really superb! The contrast between the heavily weathered hull and the turret in particular brings the single colour scheme to life. The small flecks of dust and dried mud on the gun barrel are a great touch too.

Best regards

Alex
Thanks, Alex!

May 30th, 2012, 7:01 am #6

i love the finish on this! i need to get easy mud! you did such a wonderful job on the finish! one of the best dirty tanks out there!
Thanks, will. if you want to buy easy mud, visit hobbyeasy.com. They got all colors of easy mud.
and I hope you apply it on your AFV!

May 30th, 2012, 7:02 am #7

Love it...Looks great....Well done...

http://battletankpower.blogspot.com/
Thanks for your praise, Hakan!!!

May 30th, 2012, 7:44 am #8

Great job. I really like it.

AFV Modelling from Turkey
http://www.plasticbattle.com

May 30th, 2012, 7:46 am #9

That's filthy....... :-)

May 30th, 2012, 9:55 am #10

...that easy mud, and great work your model, cool work! Congrats

Rubén