T-55 Enigma Lion of Baghdad.

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

T-55 Enigma Lion of Baghdad.

August 9th, 2012, 4:15 pm #1

Hi everyone

Here's my rendition of Tamiya's T-55 Enigma. The toy like add on armor on the sides is replaced by the excellent set from Add On Parts. They just click in place and have all the details you need.

Painting was done with acrylics and weathering with AK products.
The concrete barriers are also from Add On Parts and cause they are made out of plaster they can be damaged anyway you want.

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Kristof

Full article can be seen in the upcoming issue of Art of Modelling

August 9th, 2012, 5:43 pm #2

Hey K,

Well what shall I say!
Your Enigma looks awesome. I'm really want to see in real.
Very realistic weathering; the best model you built until now, what do you think yourself?

It must be gold in Euromilitaire next month.

Grtz

P

August 9th, 2012, 5:51 pm #3

Hi everyone

Here's my rendition of Tamiya's T-55 Enigma. The toy like add on armor on the sides is replaced by the excellent set from Add On Parts. They just click in place and have all the details you need.

The concrete barriers are also from Add On Parts and cause they are made out of plaster they can be damaged anyway you want.

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Kristof

..How can I say? Stunning? Inspiring? beautifull?.......I'm spechless...

Fabrizio:-)

August 9th, 2012, 6:04 pm #4

Hi everyone

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Kristof

Hi Kristoff

Gorgeous rendition of the Enigma mate , stunning weathering , Add on parts are coming out with some really nice stuff, the welds look much better than the standard kit part and they are not so uniform in appearance.

see you soon

Brian

August 9th, 2012, 7:03 pm #5

Hi everyone

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Kristof

You have made a very atractive T55 Kristof.what I specialy like is the heavy contrast and the light sand colour you have used.Will you ad a few figures to the base?This would make the scene even more atractive!!

Cheers,

Roger
Last edited by rogerhm on August 10th, 2012, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 9th, 2012, 7:32 pm #6

Hi everyone

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Kristof

Best weathering I've seen - very realistic!

August 9th, 2012, 8:03 pm #7

Hi everyone

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Kristof

Insanely awesome, such an inspiration!

August 9th, 2012, 8:48 pm #8

Hi everyone

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Kristof

Very nice indeed, the weathering is first rate.

I was planning to get some AK Interactive stuff, think you've convinced me now!

Well done.

August 9th, 2012, 8:49 pm #9

Hi everyone

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Kristof

Gives me an idea for a display base for my 1/72 one now!

August 9th, 2012, 8:50 pm #10

Hi everyone

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Kristof

Quite possibly one of the best weathered models I have seen, my stuff is going in the bin

Regards
Andy K

--------------------------------------------
http://andykingsmodelblog.blogspot.co.uk/