T-34-76, 183 factory.

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

T-34-76, 183 factory.

January 28th, 2015, 10:14 pm #1

Hi all,
this is a model I did during 2014 but somehow never showed it apart from competitions in Scandinavia. AFV club kit with interior + ET model stowage boxes, resin and etched bits were kindly supplied by Stephen Reid (fenders, exhausts).

Please disregard wrong wheel hubs on all steel wheels on that picture, I corrected that before painting. Also some welds were improved with green putty as well as missing welds added.

Fender damage and towing idea are based on a famous pic from Bundesarchive where T-34-76 is towed by Tiger and there are some German soldiers on it. The figure used here is an excellent Stalingrad miniatures resin without modifications. Painted by my friend Kyle Nelson.

Predicting questions regarding groundwork - I wanted to depict dry frozen ground with some snow. The tank has snow as it was towed while it was snowing...well...if you have constructive suggestions and criticism on that matter - I am open to it and can work more on the environment

Thanks for checking.
https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/

January 28th, 2015, 10:35 pm #2

Hej Roman,

I like this Vignette very much, - first it really looks cooooold. Really great Idea !!The snow looks convincing to.The lightness of the T-34 is probably frost ?..if thats the case it looks ok.

I like this Little story.

Now, I dont like the new art doing "ants Antennas" on front ( the wire standing out ) . Thats far to modern for me. If its towed why isnt the wire straight and if not straight... its a sort of strange snakeform ?

I think you should paint your own figures instead of hire mercenary painter...thats more 90 th style

I think you have enough talent to make your own figures ?

Ok..in all I like it..very nice small compact story...of a Soviet wreck, not Russian

Bra jobbet

mirko
Last edited by mirkobayerl on January 28th, 2015, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 28th, 2015, 10:42 pm #3

antennas...well, you are right of course, but let's assume that at this particular moment it was not towed but stand on the road with towing cables there. I need to work that out thanks for constructive stuff! I need to replace them with some steel wire instead of brass!

As for figures - I am learning but far from the level that my friend can do for me. Own figures - in my dreams, yes.... maybe someday..

January 28th, 2015, 11:13 pm #4

Hi all,
this is a model I did during 2014 but somehow never showed it apart from competitions in Scandinavia. AFV club kit with interior + ET model stowage boxes, resin and etched bits were kindly supplied by Stephen Reid (fenders, exhausts).

Please disregard wrong wheel hubs on all steel wheels on that picture, I corrected that before painting. Also some welds were improved with green putty as well as missing welds added.

Fender damage and towing idea are based on a famous pic from Bundesarchive where T-34-76 is towed by Tiger and there are some German soldiers on it. The figure used here is an excellent Stalingrad miniatures resin without modifications. Painted by my friend Kyle Nelson.

Predicting questions regarding groundwork - I wanted to depict dry frozen ground with some snow. The tank has snow as it was towed while it was snowing...well...if you have constructive suggestions and criticism on that matter - I am open to it and can work more on the environment

Thanks for checking.
Some excellent excellent work Roman...fantastic story told with minimal input. One of your best.

As far as collaborations...this is common in all forms of art and media and hobbies, why not here? Never apologize for teaming together, I think it's always a welcome addition to our hobby in all forms. It's impressive the two main elements fit so well together. Congrats to both of you.

January 28th, 2015, 11:15 pm #5

Hi all,

Thanks for checking.
Hi Roman, you did a superb job on the tank and your friend has painted the figure perfectly. Can you tell me how do you do a towel so thin with Duro is really fantastic. Near the login I leave you my email address if you want to answer to me directly. Thank You.

http://steeltankspower.blogspot.com

January 28th, 2015, 11:22 pm #6

Some excellent excellent work Roman...fantastic story told with minimal input. One of your best.

As far as collaborations...this is common in all forms of art and media and hobbies, why not here? Never apologize for teaming together, I think it's always a welcome addition to our hobby in all forms. It's impressive the two main elements fit so well together. Congrats to both of you.
best or not - let the viewers decide. I liked doing that one and tried new things and approaches for me.

As long as the experience from collaborations is positive - they are great

January 28th, 2015, 11:24 pm #7

Hi Roman, you did a superb job on the tank and your friend has painted the figure perfectly. Can you tell me how do you do a towel so thin with Duro is really fantastic. Near the login I leave you my email address if you want to answer to me directly. Thank You.

http://steeltankspower.blogspot.com
I don't see your email, sorry.
Thank you for feedback, really appreciate it.

I used green stuff from Games Workshop for piece of rag. It is a two-component putty. To roll it thin I use baby talc powder and steel bar from PE rolling set. Talc prevents adhesion of putty to roller and hands, so you can roll it as long as it is not falling apart. Then I positioned it on a model with tweezers and smothered the surface with brush with a bit of water on it. Hope that helps!

January 28th, 2015, 11:29 pm #8

Thanks Roman're really nice.
Loris

January 29th, 2015, 5:07 am #9

Hi all,

Thanks for checking.
great work!!!
congratulations....

January 29th, 2015, 8:50 am #10

Hi all,

Thanks for checking.
Hi Roman,

I really like the frozen truck appearance and collaboration with the figure, is very common in model making such collaborations and I think work better together.

The base if it is true that would put a little more snow, but my opinion. It is very well made friend.

Congratulations.