T-18. Not historically accurate

Hosted by Francois Gousse this discussion group is dedicated to AFV's of the First World War from all countries as well as tank development during the 1920s and 1930s.

T-18. Not historically accurate

July 13th, 2005, 2:11 am #1

Hi everybody
here's a not very historically accurate T-18 from AER.

more pictures and my comments are at http://mimory.com/models/t18_inpr.html

cheers!
Mikhail

July 13th, 2005, 11:40 am #2

Mikhail, after having browsed your page, I have not well understood what are the problems of the AER kit, if wrong size of the pieces, mediocre feature, incorrect positioning etc., can you explain please?

July 14th, 2005, 2:03 am #3

Lorenzo,
I can't speak about incorrect positioning because I didn't do enough of research but as I mentioned the model in the kit doesn't match any of the pictures and or drawings I found on the net. Most importantly the "tail" assembly.
But the main problem is that all parts were too thick and they wouldn't attach to each other without gaps that need to be filled with putty. I ended up filing off some of the rivets and remaking them after filling the gaps with putty (you can see that on the pictures). Also some of the parts had rivets on the wrong side. Oh, and another thing - the parts are attached to the sprue via a thick piece of plastic- you can't just clip them off without damaging them - have to cut them off carefully.

Hope that answers your questions...
I can email you the high-res pictures of sprues if you're interested.

Mikhail