Sylmasta and gun barrels

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Sylmasta and gun barrels

June 19th, 2006, 7:52 am #1

I dont know if this has appeared before, but I recently purchased some stuff from Sylmasta, and they do a range of syringe needles that may be suitable for MG barrels.
Contact http://sylmasta.com

I have not yet played around to see what can and cannot be done, but they are easily cut by using a file to make a notch, and then snap off to the length required.

I have no association with the company, other than a satisfied customer.

george

June 24th, 2006, 12:12 pm #2

I buy my hypo needles from the local Pharmacy ,without having to buy the whole syringe ,for the larger sizes I go to the local vet .They are quite cheap .They do make good replacement gun barrels for winged thingies.
Ti cut I palce the tube into my pinvice and use a knife edged needle file to cut a groove around the tube and then snap it off. Then file the end square .

Kevin (Bluey)
"I'm not young enough to know every thing"