Suggestions needed for new printed paper products..?

The Figures discussion group is hosted by Mark Bannerman and is dedicated to modelling military figures of any scale and era.

Suggestions needed for new printed paper products..?

October 15th, 2010, 11:55 am #1

Hi,

It's coming up to winter so I'm thinking of what items to create this year.

Currently, I'm still working thru' started projects but wondered what is it people would like to see & in what scale ??

Any help & suggestions greatly received, interesting though my personal projects might be - it would be nice to make what people want....!!

Thanks,
Clive

BTW, You can see what I currently make at:-

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v627/ ... RINTED-BB/
Last edited by blackbartmodels on October 15th, 2010, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 16th, 2010, 7:57 pm #2

Maybe you should think about wrappers for latrine paper and can lables for british rations. A good place to get ideas is the Kancker Squadies site. They produce a line of repro rations for reinactors. They have numerous nationalities represented

October 17th, 2010, 12:21 pm #3

Miran,

Thanks for the suggestion - it will make a change from cigarette packets.

Which scale would be most useful ?

Personally, I prefer working in 1/6th - as you can see the detail properly - however, 1/35th is probably the most useful.

I'm currently on Italian / Japanese / Canadian / Korean cigarette packs & will research your suggestion.

I toyed with the idea of British MCP rations but eventually decided against MRE's as there are so many already made.

Thanks,
Clive

October 17th, 2010, 3:41 pm #4

Hi,

Currently, I'm still working thru' started projects but wondered what is it people would like to see & in what scale ??

Any help & suggestions greatly received, interesting though my personal projects might be - it would be nice to make what people want....!!

Thanks,
Clive

... commercial "snacks" wrappers, like chocolate bars, candy, cookies. You could probably find some good examples for both WWII and the modern era stuff.

Speaking of modern stuff, you could try replicating cartons of popular soda pop brands like P#psi or C#ca-C#la, or even Vietnam-era beer brands like Bl#ck L#abel or B#dweiser, for instance.

All in 1/35, of course...

Cheers!

Hervé "Charby" Charbonneau
Chicoutimi QC
Canada

October 17th, 2010, 6:34 pm #5

Hi,

I did some Hershey bars, Lucky Charms & gum in 1/35th in the K rations set - doesn't really work - even in 1/20th it's a bit borderline. Too small for little more than a vague impression unless you are doing cartons & need dramatic colours to show.

I had thought that Real Model had the beer/soda covered - energy drinks are a thought though !

Thanks,
Clive

October 18th, 2010, 6:16 am #6

Miran,

Thanks for the suggestion - it will make a change from cigarette packets.

Which scale would be most useful ?

Personally, I prefer working in 1/6th - as you can see the detail properly - however, 1/35th is probably the most useful.

I'm currently on Italian / Japanese / Canadian / Korean cigarette packs & will research your suggestion.

I toyed with the idea of British MCP rations but eventually decided against MRE's as there are so many already made.

Thanks,
Clive
I was thinking 1/35 but is seems 1/6 has a pretty large following. If yoy printed can lables it would be handy to call out the plastic rod diameter for the can sizes. If you e=mail me at miranf100@yahoo.com I can give you a couple of other repro full size ration sites.

October 18th, 2010, 11:39 am #7

Hi Miran,

I'll send you an email off forum - tonight.

I tend to work in half scale & scale the end product as needed - so anything smaller than half scale is OK- however, experience has taught me that below 1/20th you loose a lot of the finer detail.

Thanks,
Clive

October 18th, 2010, 4:13 pm #8

Hi,

Thanks,
Clive

I WAS WONDERING WHERE I CAN BUY THIS PRINTED PRODUCTS; I LOVED THE VIETNAM´S

THANKS

MM

October 18th, 2010, 6:45 pm #9

Hi,

Either direct from : blackbartmodels@yahoo.com

Or on Ebay at:-

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/the_con ... 283?_rdc=1

I decided against setting up a webpage or using a hosting system like HobbyEasy for two reasons.

One, people can see the feedback , so have an idea of who their buying from.

Two, i'm essentially a modeller who likes to dabble to help fund my buying excesses & it gives me better control over when I sell.

I try to be as accomodating as possible on postage but use some simple formula - UK-£1.25, Europe-£1.75 & USA/CANADA/AUSTRALIA - £2.00 - THIS IS FOR UP TO FIVE SHEETS.

Prices are likewise simple - 1/35th & smaller £2.00 per sheet - 1/20th upwards £3.25 per sheet.

I was thinking of adding some more brands to the Vietnam & possibly doing a Christmas 200s carton sheet for diorama's - What do you think ?

Thanks for the kind words,

Clive

October 18th, 2010, 6:55 pm #10

Hi Miran,

I'll send you an email off forum - tonight.

I tend to work in half scale & scale the end product as needed - so anything smaller than half scale is OK- however, experience has taught me that below 1/20th you loose a lot of the finer detail.

Thanks,
Clive
That thought has crossed my mind. at this point I paint sections of plastic rod with crude ( the best I can do ) representations of lables. I'm sure you can't do much worse.