Stuhlll GB skirt progress

May 21st, 2012, 9:48 am #1

G'day Guy's
Over the weekend I had a chance to do a little work on my Stuh111GB,with this being the results.
I saw a picture of a vehicle and the skirts swung from pivots fixed to the fenders,It looked like
it might have been a field modification,but on this point I will bow to greater knowledge on
the subject. I liked the look so I decided not to use the kit items and to scratch my own.I wanted full skirts because I think with the hard edge camo I picked it will give me a bigger pallet to work with.The camo applied to the skirts is hard edged while the camo on the superstructure and wheels is applied with a spraygun, this I find very appealing.
As you can see I've added some etch for the grills,and I will use the aftermarket figures pictured as well as adding some more stowage to the vehicle.
I'm sorry Lu,I know its not "oob" but I just could not help myself.I hope you all like my progress
so far and as always all comments and suggestions will be greatfully appreciated.
Cheers to all.
Alan

P.S. by the way I have just about finished the Mammut and Dio and I hope to post the
final photos some time this week! there are a few little bits to do, but not to much.
Alan.

great StuG!

May 21st, 2012, 9:50 am #2

really like it, now paint is as good as Mammut!

http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/rvscale/
https://roman-the-modelmaker.blogspot.no/

No concerns....

May 21st, 2012, 10:06 am #3

G'day Guy's
Over the weekend I had a chance to do a little work on my Stuh111GB,with this being the results.
I saw a picture of a vehicle and the skirts swung from pivots fixed to the fenders,It looked like
it might have been a field modification,but on this point I will bow to greater knowledge on
the subject. I liked the look so I decided not to use the kit items and to scratch my own.I wanted full skirts because I think with the hard edge camo I picked it will give me a bigger pallet to work with.The camo applied to the skirts is hard edged while the camo on the superstructure and wheels is applied with a spraygun, this I find very appealing.
As you can see I've added some etch for the grills,and I will use the aftermarket figures pictured as well as adding some more stowage to the vehicle.
I'm sorry Lu,I know its not "oob" but I just could not help myself.I hope you all like my progress
so far and as always all comments and suggestions will be greatfully appreciated.
Cheers to all.
Alan

P.S. by the way I have just about finished the Mammut and Dio and I hope to post the
final photos some time this week! there are a few little bits to do, but not to much.
Alan.
Alan,

Detailed kits are permited too, so please enjoy and make us happy seeing that Stuh. I love the homemade schurtzen version you are making and the figures are really a must for that model. You will not regret it, neither on the Mammut.

Lu

http://www.onefortyeight.com

Thanks Roman

May 21st, 2012, 10:07 am #4

really like it, now paint is as good as Mammut!

http://roman-bizarre.blogspot.com/
G'day Roman
I'm glad you like my progress so far.I hope to have the rest of the construction finished during the week and have the Stuh111 in primer this weekend.
I'm loving this GB, there is so much great stuff being posted!
Cheers.
Alan.

Thanks Lu

May 21st, 2012, 10:12 am #5

Alan,

Detailed kits are permited too, so please enjoy and make us happy seeing that Stuh. I love the homemade schurtzen version you are making and the figures are really a must for that model. You will not regret it, neither on the Mammut.

Lu

http://www.onefortyeight.com
G'day Lu
I'm glad you approve of my work,It's been great fun so far and I can't wait to get onto the painting stage and post some results.
Cheers to you.
Alan.

Looks Marvelous Alan

May 21st, 2012, 3:41 pm #6

Those skirts look just the part - I noticed the attachment rod ends don't have nuts - I have a pile of Grandt Line 1 1/2" nut on bolt ( no washer) castings purchased for the vorpanzer on the Pz. III H project I am working on ( pictures soon guys,I promise) that might work - email me off line if you would like me to send you some.

Konrad

Skirts !!! madame !!!

May 21st, 2012, 8:34 pm #7

G'day Guy's
Cheers to all.
Alan

Alan.
Hi Allan,
fantastic work so far , love all the welds etc, have one quite like it sitting waiting for me to sort out at some point also ....
May i suggest that you maybe lower the height of the top of the skirts as they seem a bit high as my refs suggest thats a normal height for these swivel skirts..unless pzIV stugs, just a thought.

look forward to the painting.

kind regards
Doug

Dragon skin! :)

May 21st, 2012, 8:53 pm #8

G'day Guy's
Cheers to all.
Alan

Alan.
Hi Alan!

Love the shielded thing! But I like the most the painting idea, mixing the soft edge camo on tank with the hard edge camo on skirts. This is going to be a winner!

Fantastic!

Regards!
Alvaro

Thanks alot Konrad

May 22nd, 2012, 10:25 am #9

Those skirts look just the part - I noticed the attachment rod ends don't have nuts - I have a pile of Grandt Line 1 1/2" nut on bolt ( no washer) castings purchased for the vorpanzer on the Pz. III H project I am working on ( pictures soon guys,I promise) that might work - email me off line if you would like me to send you some.

Konrad
G'day Konrad.
thanks for your interest and help,I have emailed you earlier so please check your inbox.
Regards to you my friend.
Alan.

thanks Doug

May 22nd, 2012, 10:31 am #10

Hi Allan,
fantastic work so far , love all the welds etc, have one quite like it sitting waiting for me to sort out at some point also ....
May i suggest that you maybe lower the height of the top of the skirts as they seem a bit high as my refs suggest thats a normal height for these swivel skirts..unless pzIV stugs, just a thought.

look forward to the painting.

kind regards
Doug
G'day Doug.
Thanks for your interest on the Stuh111GB,I only have one photo of the swinging skirts and it's
not that clear so I will bow to your better references and remove a couple of mil out of the tops.
Thanks for your help and kind words, I'm glad you like my work so far.
Cheers.
Alan