STUG IN THE SNOW?

The Dioramas discussion group is hosted by Marijn Van Gils and is dedicated to all aspects of military model dioramas.

STUG IN THE SNOW?

STEPHEN MANCHUR
STEPHEN MANCHUR

December 19th, 2001, 2:58 am #1

HEY GUYS, HAVE PROBLEM HERE. I HAVE FAMO AND A STUG IIIF TO BE PULLED OUT OF A SNOW BANK, BUT, AND HERE IS THE KICKER, HOW DO I DO THE SNOW BANK AND KEEP IT CHEEP AND REEL? ASIDE FROM USING REEL SNOW.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Jakko Westerbeke
Jakko Westerbeke

December 20th, 2001, 11:35 am #2

First up: ALL CAPITALS is equivalent to shouting, and really poor netiquette...

That out of the way, I'd suggest building up the snow back with styrofoam and coating it with some kind of white filler or plaster to create the look of snow. Make sure it's fairly bright white, if necessary by painting it.

If you want to spend a bit more money, you could also buy one of the snow materials sold for diorama modellers, which have some kind of sparkling material in them; you could probably also create this effect yourself by grounding up glass, but be sure you know what you're doing before attempting that.

Mario ALes
Mario ALes

December 21st, 2001, 5:56 pm #3

HEY GUYS, HAVE PROBLEM HERE. I HAVE FAMO AND A STUG IIIF TO BE PULLED OUT OF A SNOW BANK, BUT, AND HERE IS THE KICKER, HOW DO I DO THE SNOW BANK AND KEEP IT CHEEP AND REEL? ASIDE FROM USING REEL SNOW.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Try to use Techstar's snow flakes.It's great to make snow.
Bye

steve manhur
steve manhur

December 23rd, 2001, 3:41 pm #4

First up: ALL CAPITALS is equivalent to shouting, and really poor netiquette...

That out of the way, I'd suggest building up the snow back with styrofoam and coating it with some kind of white filler or plaster to create the look of snow. Make sure it's fairly bright white, if necessary by painting it.

If you want to spend a bit more money, you could also buy one of the snow materials sold for diorama modellers, which have some kind of sparkling material in them; you could probably also create this effect yourself by grounding up glass, but be sure you know what you're doing before attempting that.
thanks all i'll try both and see what turns up