Stug III zimmerit from Monroe Perdu is available

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Stug III zimmerit from Monroe Perdu is available

September 12th, 2017, 7:09 am #1

Just wanted to let everybody know that we have released the first ever sets of laser etched zimmerit in 1/72 scale.
The sets fit the Dragon Models Stug III kits and depict both Alkett factory waffle pattern and MIAG factory checkered pattern coatings.

These sets are applied the same as our larger scale sets with ordinary white glue (PVA) to the primed plastic kit parts.
Besides being easy to apply, the nature of the material and production process allows you to easily battle damage and therefore customize the look of a particular vehicle.

Included on the sheet are extra panels for experimenting with, as well as side skirts to replace the one piece plastic kit parts.
The Dragon kit's plastic lower hangers press fit into the cutouts of the shields, while the upper notches on the shields just hang on the Dragon rails.

The photos show the Dragon kit with the waffle pattern applied.
These sets are listed on our website as well as eBay right now, as eBay may be an easier process for some people.

These sets will ship worldwide in an envelope for $1.00
The price per set is $10.00

I very much appreciate all of the positive reactions and comments about these sets and we will continue to expand our range with sets for the Panther (in progress) as well as the PZIV, Tiger I and King Tiger very shortly.

I'm happy to try to answer any questions about the product, application and painting of the material.
Mike

September 12th, 2017, 7:39 am #2

XXXXXXX
Last edited by Robert 'Doc' Pye on March 17th, 2018, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 12th, 2017, 12:41 pm #3

Just wanted to let everybody know that we have released the first ever sets of laser etched zimmerit in 1/72 scale.
The sets fit the Dragon Models Stug III kits and depict both Alkett factory waffle pattern and MIAG factory checkered pattern coatings.

These sets are applied the same as our larger scale sets with ordinary white glue (PVA) to the primed plastic kit parts.
Besides being easy to apply, the nature of the material and production process allows you to easily battle damage and therefore customize the look of a particular vehicle.

Included on the sheet are extra panels for experimenting with, as well as side skirts to replace the one piece plastic kit parts.
The Dragon kit's plastic lower hangers press fit into the cutouts of the shields, while the upper notches on the shields just hang on the Dragon rails.

These sets are listed on our website as well as eBay right now, as eBay may be an easier process for some people.

I very much appreciate all of the positive reactions and comments about these sets and we will continue to expand our range with sets for the Panther (in progress) as well as the PZIV, Tiger I and King Tiger very shortly.

I'm happy to try to answer any questions about the product, application and painting of the material.
Mike

Let's hope this is just the opening salvo in a barrage of different zimmerit patterns to come!

September 12th, 2017, 1:21 pm #4

Mike

I ordered a couple of sets of each this morning, Mike. Looking forward to getting them. Tim Treadway

September 12th, 2017, 1:32 pm #5

Let's hope this is just the opening salvo in a barrage of different zimmerit patterns to come!
XXXXXXX
Last edited by Robert 'Doc' Pye on March 17th, 2018, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 12th, 2017, 1:32 pm #6

I ordered a couple of sets of each this morning, Mike. Looking forward to getting them. Tim Treadway
XXXXXXX
Last edited by Robert 'Doc' Pye on March 17th, 2018, 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 12th, 2017, 11:43 pm #7

Mike

these are amazing and will be getting some! i understand the dragon model was used for the template but would these work on others like PSC, Revell, Armourfast...

September 13th, 2017, 9:06 am #8

Last edited by Robert 'Doc' Pye on March 17th, 2018, 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

September 14th, 2017, 6:17 am #9

Thanks everyone who has taken the plunge and ordered some zimmerit!

All orders that have been received on 9/12 and 9/13 have been shipped.

We're looking forward to seeing what everyone does with their Stug. kits.

Mike