Stug III F/8 WiP update

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Stug III F/8 WiP update

March 26th, 2012, 11:55 am #1

Hi All,
here are a couple of shots of the StuG F/8 basecoated in Africa colours Gelbbraun and Graugrun. These vehicles were intended for north Africa but were diverted to the eastern front. Most were given whitewash coat for winter 42/43 as this vehicle will have. The gloss coat is Klear to aid decal placement and protect the enamel paint from the weathering process.

Steve
Last edited by Steve Shrimpton on March 26th, 2012, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 26th, 2012, 4:48 pm #2

Im looking forward to the whitewash. And perhaps some really heavy mud on that...?
/Peter

March 26th, 2012, 6:56 pm #3

Hi All,
here are a couple of shots of the StuG F/8 basecoated in Africa colours Gelbbraun and Graugrun. These vehicles were intended for north Africa but were diverted to the eastern front. Most were given whitewash coat for winter 42/43 as this vehicle will have. The gloss coat is Klear to aid decal placement and protect the enamel paint from the weathering process.

Steve
Hi Steve
Which colours you used for camouflage?

Regards from Veinna
Robert

Visit our modelling show "Go Modelling" in Military Museum in Vienna at 10/11th march 2012
www.ipms.at

March 26th, 2012, 7:11 pm #4

Hi All,

Steve
looking good Steve
Maco tracks?

Greetings Mondria
-------------------------------------------
some of my work
http://midnightgreys.blogspot.com/
Greetings Patrick Mondria
for some of my work
http://midnightgreys.blogspot.nl/

March 26th, 2012, 8:41 pm #5

Hi All,

Steve
Great build so far, looks like the real thing or at the least 1/35th scale...Will

March 27th, 2012, 7:26 am #6

Hi All,

Steve
I think, Steve, we all agree this is (again) exceptional work. These Stug series is becomming a standard setting work !

Question : are you planning on making all (major) Stug variants, and if so, which ones do you still want to build ?
Secondly, and a strong candidate for Never Been Built, : are you going to built a initial/prototype series Stug A0 that was based on the 8 wheel PzKfw III D ??

Alfred

March 27th, 2012, 10:31 am #7

Hi All,

Steve
Perfect job as usual. I hope to admire the final résult soon.
Arnaud.

March 28th, 2012, 2:28 pm #8

Hi Steve
Which colours you used for camouflage?

Regards from Veinna
Robert

Visit our modelling show "Go Modelling" in Military Museum in Vienna at 10/11th march 2012
www.ipms.at
Hi Robert,
I've used xtracolor enamels on this build, gelbbraun and graugrun. It will have a worn whitewash coat over this. More pics soon.
Regards,

Steve

March 28th, 2012, 2:31 pm #9

I think, Steve, we all agree this is (again) exceptional work. These Stug series is becomming a standard setting work !

Question : are you planning on making all (major) Stug variants, and if so, which ones do you still want to build ?
Secondly, and a strong candidate for Never Been Built, : are you going to built a initial/prototype series Stug A0 that was based on the 8 wheel PzKfw III D ??

Alfred
Hi Alfred,
Thanks for that. I've only got one more StuG planned, an early Ausf G. A series O would be good but the suspension and running gear looks a bit daunting!

Steve