stryker wip...

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

stryker wip...

July 30th, 2012, 3:49 pm #1

Hi guys,
here are some photos of my slowly (...) proceeding M1126 Stryker in Iraq circa 2007.
I'll wait for comments

Last edited by edantec on July 30th, 2012, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 30th, 2012, 8:44 pm #2

Terrific work really. You have amazing patience. Thanks for sharing this inspirational work

Pat McGrath
Work to become not to acquire

July 31st, 2012, 1:34 am #3

Hi guys,
here are some photos of my slowly (...) proceeding M1126 Stryker in Iraq circa 2007.
I'll wait for comments

I have been wondering when I would see some one do all this, I too have one of these to tackle. I don't know what sets you have, but I have the Voyager and Griffin sets, both lookm intimidating too.
You have done an incredible job, and I am impressed with your work, well done!!
How was the slat to build? Did it all go together well?
Shane.

Just enough knowledge to be dangerous, but not enough to help anyone.

July 31st, 2012, 8:19 am #4

Hi guys,
I'll wait for comments

thank you for your comments!!!
for Shane, I used AFV Club Stryker and Stryker equipment set,four Eduard sets: Slat Armor,Additional Armor, Blast panels and armored exhaust , Blast Rhino IED device and Pro Art Models sagged wheels.
The Eduard sets are very fragile, especially the sides of the slat cages and need some modifications, like a new rear support for the side blast panels, widening the armored exhaust cover, making a new little door on the left side slat armor for the power access hatch and making the hinges for all hinged parts of the slat.
I used CA glue for the PE because I'm not very good in soldering...
About the other PE sets, Check the position of the blast panel in front of the squad leader hatch, in some set is in the wrong position and in the Eduard set it need a slight modification.
Thank you all very much..

July 31st, 2012, 12:43 pm #5

Hi guys,
I'll wait for comments

Superb beast!!!

I love it! Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Ben
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? ... 2033931400

July 31st, 2012, 2:22 pm #6

Hi guys,
I'll wait for comments

Another labor of love,almost a shame to put it under paint

August 11th, 2012, 5:58 am #7

Hi guys,
I'll wait for comments

Hi Dante
Your work in details and photo-etch is very well done and rather excellent build. Like the others who say when you put this much work into the model, it is a shame to actually paint it. The model will never receive the appreciation that it does at this moment when the viewer can see your hard work.