Steyr 1500 & Tatra T 57, figs added

Hosted by Paul Giles, this discussion group is dedicated to 1/72 scale and smaller AFV modelling.

Steyr 1500 & Tatra T 57, figs added

August 8th, 2012, 6:45 pm #1

Steyr 1500 (MAC)

Tatra T 57 Attack, figure just one old esci

Many Thanks to see it, comments are welcome like allways, some more pics in:

http://orugasruedasfiguras.blogspot.com.ar/

Cheers

Carlos

August 8th, 2012, 10:32 pm #2

Hola, Carlos!

Pretty good to see you and new works. Both are fine and you used much creativity.

I have just bookmarked your blog. It has many interesting ideas.

Congratulations to you and to Gabriel!

All my Best, Ricardo

August 8th, 2012, 10:49 pm #3

Steyr 1500 (MAC)

Cheers

Carlos
Hello Carlos, you made the most out of these hard to make models. The ACE Tartra and the MAC steyer are hard ones to make into convincing models and you did it ! Nice little dio's too

For the Tartra I realy like the new top, much nicer than the original one I used.
You may consider touching up the radiator very little with black to give impression of slats.

Here is my Tartra T 57 for comparison and its easy to see your top is much more resembeling the real thing !

Keep up the good work, Alfred

August 9th, 2012, 1:27 am #4

Hola, Carlos!

Pretty good to see you and new works. Both are fine and you used much creativity.

I have just bookmarked your blog. It has many interesting ideas.

Congratulations to you and to Gabriel!

All my Best, Ricardo
Oi Ricardo, como vai amigazo!
Many thanks for your inspirating comments.
We started these blog but Gabriel is quite lazy for the pictures.
We allways remeber our friend modeler from Brasil, and hope you will visit our country again.
Un grande grande abraco para voce e su familia.

Carlos

August 9th, 2012, 1:35 am #5

Hello Carlos, you made the most out of these hard to make models. The ACE Tartra and the MAC steyer are hard ones to make into convincing models and you did it ! Nice little dio's too

For the Tartra I realy like the new top, much nicer than the original one I used.
You may consider touching up the radiator very little with black to give impression of slats.

Here is my Tartra T 57 for comparison and its easy to see your top is much more resembeling the real thing !

Keep up the good work, Alfred

HI Alfred, I mark the radiator witha a needle and give it some washing in black, but the result is not good, I think may be in used a very fine blak marker to make better shadows.
I like your tatras, specially the way in wich you resolved the problem of the windscreen.
Very well done.
Cheers.

Carlos

August 9th, 2012, 9:22 am #6

Carlos, I forgot to mention I did the Tartra radiator with thin pencil lines, but your suggestion with a thin black marker may be even better.

Do you know of any usable black ink markers ? I remember Rotring had many sizes.

Alfred

August 9th, 2012, 11:06 am #7

My Dear Carlos,

I forgot to say that you did a pretty nice job on two models that are hard to deal with, specially the Steyr.

Yep, I hope to visit Argentina soon. I am missing so much! It is a country with nice friends, models, hobby and art shops, among other things, of course!

I visited again your blog and I had a chance to see the way you work with softskins. They are pretty nice! I also loved Gabriel´s rendition to the M4A3 in the Pacific.

All My Best, Ricardo

August 9th, 2012, 3:52 pm #8

Carlos, I forgot to mention I did the Tartra radiator with thin pencil lines, but your suggestion with a thin black marker may be even better.

Do you know of any usable black ink markers ? I remember Rotring had many sizes.

Alfred
I use markers with a "fiber" point, cause it can be used over a painted surface easily and I'm quite happy with the result.

I like the "Stabilo", it came in difrenet colors, so we can use the browns and oranges for rusty scratchs.
The point is 88.

Regards.

Carlos.

August 9th, 2012, 3:54 pm #9

My Dear Carlos,

I forgot to say that you did a pretty nice job on two models that are hard to deal with, specially the Steyr.

Yep, I hope to visit Argentina soon. I am missing so much! It is a country with nice friends, models, hobby and art shops, among other things, of course!

I visited again your blog and I had a chance to see the way you work with softskins. They are pretty nice! I also loved Gabriel´s rendition to the M4A3 in the Pacific.

All My Best, Ricardo
Ricardo, this is a good moment to came to argentina, the excghange is very favourable for you.
Just let me know when you will came, so we will organize a "modelers" meeting with gabriel
Abrazo.

Carlos

August 10th, 2012, 2:41 am #10

Steyr 1500 (MAC)

Cheers

Carlos
Really nice dio, love the mud effect.