Star antenna help needed...

Hosted by Dave Parker from AFV Modeller magazine and Adam Wilder, this discussion group is geared towards modelling technique questions ranging from construction to final weathering. This forum was created so that "newbies" can post without being intimidated by the sometimes highly technical nature of the other discussion groups.

Star antenna help needed...

Clint Shepherd
Clint Shepherd

February 24th, 2004, 8:28 pm #1

Hey all, Is there an easy way to make one of these creatures, or better yet anyone that sells them???
Much thanks.

Clint

February 25th, 2004, 9:56 am #2

Hi Clint,

Accurate Armour used to do an etched fret of star antennae, I'm pretty sure it's still available.
There's a link on the main page.

Cheers,

Darren.

Paul Alderton
Paul Alderton

March 5th, 2004, 10:59 pm #3

Hey all, Is there an easy way to make one of these creatures, or better yet anyone that sells them???
Much thanks.

Clint
...and get them to give you the spare cone from it for shaping the antenna.

Paul

Darren Gawle
Darren Gawle

March 9th, 2004, 3:07 am #4

Hi Clint,

Accurate Armour used to do an etched fret of star antennae, I'm pretty sure it's still available.
There's a link on the main page.

Cheers,

Darren.
AA's star antennae have five points, and to my knowledge they usually had six. They're also in the shape of a pentangle, so you can't really pretend one of the points broke off (I know I've seen a star antenna with four points in one of the photos in Thomas Anderson's Concord title on the Panther, though, but it looks like two of the points may have broken off).

What I did was buy the Aber PE set for DML's late "Command" Hetzer... then waited about a year until I actually saw one on sale and bought it too.

Darren
dgawle "at" telus.net