Staghound

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Staghound

July 21st, 2011, 1:30 pm #1

Hello I have build this kit OOTB for practising my painting skills

All comments are welcome.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Ron

July 21st, 2011, 9:51 pm #2

Love the finish on the actual vehicle, but, and no fault of yours, the stowage just doesn't sit right, too stiff looking. The manuf. of the tarps are to blame......

July 21st, 2011, 10:40 pm #3

Thnx Bruce and youre right about the stowage its could better

July 22nd, 2011, 1:50 am #4

Just curious - which company did the stowage? Nice finish on the Stag too!

July 22nd, 2011, 3:11 am #5

Love the finish on the actual vehicle, but, and no fault of yours, the stowage just doesn't sit right, too stiff looking. The manuf. of the tarps are to blame......
I'm going to disagree with the comment that the stowage looked "stiff" or otherwise regardless of the mannufacturer as we all suffer with this.
The build is GREAT.
The painting of the stowage is MONOTONE and boring as it's ALL THE SAME color.
Toss some variety of color into it. Even with all the variety of my waterfowl hunting, pseudo para military camo gear NONE of it it the same color and nor should the stowage on the vehicle be.
This has been a public service announcement.

July 22nd, 2011, 7:29 am #6

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Ron
HI. I Like your staghound...what more I like, dry mud and wet mud...well done

regards

July 22nd, 2011, 9:14 am #7

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Ron
Your B166 (front right mudguard) is upside down and the box on the front left is a post-war design (yes, I know at least one other well-known modeller has used this box too on a wartime vehicle!).

I agree that the stowage colouring would benefit from more variety and you might consider painting it by other than the 'dark wash' method - it looks very obvious that this is the technique used and if the technique is too obvious, it detracts (for me) from the realism, in the same way that those tobacco graduated filters much beoved of the producers of CSI Miami to make a grey sky more 'interesting'.

Still, as someone who rarely gets to to the painting stage other than to paint the interior matt black during construction, you probably shouldn't be taking any painting advice from me....

July 22nd, 2011, 11:26 am #8

Thnx Robert fot pointing out that the boxes are not correct placed and time frame, I did not know that because I almost never build this type of vehicles or tanks, I build mainly Recovery vehicles and this on was just a break between two projecs. About tje stowage thats a point that I take with me for a other time.

Ronald
Netherland