SS-Sturmmann (converted Alpine figure)

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

SS-Sturmmann (converted Alpine figure)

December 26th, 2011, 9:21 am #1

Hello fellow modellers!

I like to share a few pics on a 1/35 scale figure I finished a couple of months back. It´s from the Alpine range with some minor changes done to it. I replaced the 75mm shell that the stock figure is carrying with a MG-42. The head is exchanged with a new one from the Hornet range. I also sculpted a scarf and added the ammo-belt and hand grenades. Finally, a helmet from Nemrod came in handy. Painting and weathering are done with Vallejo acrylics.
The figure portray a SPW-driver from the SS-AufkAbt 11, during the battle of the Stettin-Altdamm bridgehead, March 1945.

Thanks for looking and take care,

/Johan

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

December 26th, 2011, 9:47 am #2

Hi there friend, a merry x-mas I wish you !

I must say that this is a smashing figure, great posing and superb face painting,
also nice and dramatic photo as well.

Ha ett gott nytt år, själv sitter jag och surar i värmen i Kuala Lumpur
K

December 26th, 2011, 10:17 am #3

Hello fellow modellers!

I like to share a few pics on a 1/35 scale figure I finished a couple of months back. It´s from the Alpine range with some minor changes done to it. I replaced the 75mm shell that the stock figure is carrying with a MG-42. The head is exchanged with a new one from the Hornet range. I also sculpted a scarf and added the ammo-belt and hand grenades. Finally, a helmet from Nemrod came in handy. Painting and weathering are done with Vallejo acrylics.
The figure portray a SPW-driver from the SS-AufkAbt 11, during the battle of the Stettin-Altdamm bridgehead, March 1945.

/Johan

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Hi Johan,

This one looks amazing. I am so jealous. I wish I could paint figures to this standard.
I can't believe you have given so much character to a 1/35 scale figure

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Spud

December 26th, 2011, 10:22 am #4

Hello fellow modellers!

/Johan

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Hi Johan,

I was wondering if you should ever finished this figure!....now I see you did:)You have managed to make a late war admosphere in this little vignette.I realy like the expression of the face.

best/Roger

Ps,why did you remove the goggles?

Last edited by rogerhm on December 26th, 2011, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 26th, 2011, 11:07 am #5

Hello fellow modellers!

/Johan

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
allways great to see your works .That show your very fine converting and paintinskills .

merry christmas Detlev

http://panzer-modell.de.tl/

December 26th, 2011, 12:38 pm #6

Hello fellow modellers!

/Johan

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Now thats what I call figure modelling, brilliant work

December 26th, 2011, 1:43 pm #7

Hello fellow modellers!

/Johan

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Hello Johan,

fantastic figure! Great work on the camo pattern. Im big fan of your forks and I also like themes of your diormas and vignettes- especially 11. SS.

btw: the face looks perfect- very charismatic!

Best regards,
Jiri

December 26th, 2011, 2:43 pm #8

Hello fellow modellers!

/Johan

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Hej Johan
Awesome work with a great atmosphere.
The face is one of the best I´ve ever seen,very cool.Also the camo looks impressive.
Superb Figure.
Maybe you would like to post some in progress pictures ?

Regards Oliver

December 26th, 2011, 3:47 pm #9

Hello fellow modellers!

/Johan

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
... and expressive my friend, really subtle paintwork aswell!

A new vignette in progress?

Ivan

http://icdesign.webs.com/

December 26th, 2011, 4:40 pm #10

Hello fellow modellers!

/Johan

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
...great mix of realism and artistry in capturing the skin tones and camo patterns on this wonderful figure. thanks for sharing. cheers, bd.