SS Schütze Ardennes

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Robert Oehler and Brett Green, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

SS Schütze Ardennes

March 10th, 2017, 3:49 pm #1

Hello Guys

Like to present to you the old (standard ) 1/16 scale Dragon figure painted up as an ss infantryman in the Ardennes 1944.
It is the standard figure with a bit detailwork here and there as you can see in WIP the pics. Helmet is from another Dragon figure kit with an PE chinstrap (left over )
Barbed wire self made
All painted with acrylics, except the wood; done with oils
Hope you like it

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

1000 yard stare
[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

WIP
[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

Heng Long (!) detailed US jerrycan
[Imgur]()

Cheers Erik

March 10th, 2017, 7:30 pm #2

Very nice work!!!!

March 10th, 2017, 9:29 pm #3

Hello Guys

Like to present to you the old (standard ) 1/16 scale Dragon figure painted up as an ss infantryman in the Ardennes 1944.
It is the standard figure with a bit detailwork here and there as you can see in WIP the pics. Helmet is from another Dragon figure kit with an PE chinstrap (left over )
Barbed wire self made
Hope you like it

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

1000 yard stare
[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

WIP
[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

Cheers Erik
Sorry I couldn't resist that,lol. The figure looks like his posing for the 'superman' of the year poster or something! Very nice work on the painting though,Erik.
Regards,Bob
Last edited by bobcash on March 10th, 2017, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 10th, 2017, 10:10 pm #4

Hello Guys

Barbed wire self made
Hope you like it

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

1000 yard stare
[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

WIP
[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

Cheers Erik
...I'm the only one (and if so I'm prepared to take my verbal beating), but why the black background? I want to SEE your beautiful painting skill on display, not feel like I'm rubbing elbows in a dimly lit room. You show beautifully detailed shoe laces on the boots, but none of the final painted version are visible because of the dark lighting. Same with the skin tones and camo frock. This is a web page of like-minded modelers who are interested in (and jealous of) your figure painting skills, not a museum after closing hours. Okay, I'm prepared to take my abuse now.

Brian
Don't be a Big Scale Bigot, go Braille Scale all the way.
Brian

March 11th, 2017, 12:56 am #5

Hello Guys

Barbed wire self made
Hope you like it

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

1000 yard stare
[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

WIP
[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

Cheers Erik
the '44 jacket is lookin great. What I am impressed by,being the cammo geek that I am,is the few dots that you show that were out of register during the silk screen printing of the dots. Very very nice detail only possible in this manly scale.
J

March 11th, 2017, 6:53 am #6

Hello Guys

Barbed wire self made
Hope you like it

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

1000 yard stare
[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

WIP
[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

[Imgur]()

Cheers Erik
Hi Erik,
Good to see this "classic"Dragon figure painted by you!You have looked very well to the Original pattern!.What i specialy like are the little white parts you sometimes see behind a dot!
Imo The grass fits also better to this scale then 1/35

Now its time to finish your goose!

Cheers,

Roger
Last edited by rogerhm on March 11th, 2017, 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 12th, 2017, 4:45 pm #7

Very nice work!!!!
Thanks Luigi! n/t

March 12th, 2017, 4:47 pm #8

Sorry I couldn't resist that,lol. The figure looks like his posing for the 'superman' of the year poster or something! Very nice work on the painting though,Erik.
Regards,Bob
'Bitte hier hinschauen...' for the new Signal Magazine

[Imgur]()

Cheers E

March 12th, 2017, 5:03 pm #9

...I'm the only one (and if so I'm prepared to take my verbal beating), but why the black background? I want to SEE your beautiful painting skill on display, not feel like I'm rubbing elbows in a dimly lit room. You show beautifully detailed shoe laces on the boots, but none of the final painted version are visible because of the dark lighting. Same with the skin tones and camo frock. This is a web page of like-minded modelers who are interested in (and jealous of) your figure painting skills, not a museum after closing hours. Okay, I'm prepared to take my abuse now.

Brian
You are the only one .... kidding...
Why black...? several reasons;
1 my personal preference, I like..! (Don't like bleu or red or yellow or other Color...)
2 For me, the figure stands out more than a white (for instance...) background; to 'loud'....
3 Guess is a 'figure hobby fotograhper thing'...

But for you; (I'm not that bad )

Cheers mate
Erik

PS or verbal beating and/or abuse there are poeple who pay and get paid for this kidding!!!
Last edited by ErikGideonse on March 12th, 2017, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 12th, 2017, 5:08 pm #10

the '44 jacket is lookin great. What I am impressed by,being the cammo geek that I am,is the few dots that you show that were out of register during the silk screen printing of the dots. Very very nice detail only possible in this manly scale.
J
you would notice this. An often overlooked 'thing' imo...

E